in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2010 5:27 PM by Paul. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2010 10:34 AM

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Several repairs needed on a BC 9500

Recently I got infected with the Beo virus; after a beo BeoSystem 4500 (master, CD and cassette), the Beomaster5500 and cd5500 I have purchased a BC9500, Unfortunately there are a few shortcomings:

1) by pressing  tape, the tapeunit makes an rrrrrrrr  sound, it remains 20 seconds and then the  sound stops. Inserting a tape and choose play makes the same sound and I do not see that the tape head comes up. (The sliding door  opens and closes really well)

Are these the belts of the mechanism?

2) The lower glass is loose (the sticky tape is completely gone) but unfortunately, the plastic rim of the glass plate on which it rests is also loose and missing the plastic rim on the rightside. Is this plastic rim where the glass is sticked on available?

3) One led digit stays off of the ledgroup from the playtime Is this led still available?

If I open up the 9500 to repair the defects, what do you suggest to do more?(I have no fear of a soldering iron) Does a forum member have the parts i need what I may acquire at a reasonable price? A part of the plasic rim is fine as well. Maybe a member that replaced the broken glass has this rims available for me?

The CD player works well and this 9500 deserves a second life. 

Who helps?

• 11-13-2010 4:05 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Several repairs needed on a BC 9500

Advanced,

Where do you live?

I have plastic rims available, which I could send you.

Pls contact me offline at yachadmATgmail.com

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 11-13-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Re: Several repairs needed on a BC 9500

Thanks Menahem, the rims i already  got from an other forum member.  the Th espra digital counter segmnt works every now and then, so i will look into it maybe its a dry solder point. The speaker relay I will swap with a new one, I understood this can be any 6V relay. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)