in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2007 2:21 PM by wonderfulelectric. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2007 8:22 AM

• Bulgarien
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Denmark, Vest Sjaeland
    • Posts 201
    • Bronze Member

Net conditioner is totaly waste of money

In one of the other treads( Beolab 8000 and ICEpower) http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/24448.aspx there is a beginning discussion about a netconditioner.

... "You can go www.psaudio.com . They are very famous for providing good value. Coincidentally they are using ICEepower with their own unique gainstage for their range of power amplifiers which rocked the American hifi press." 

..." Check this out! http://www.goldenagemusic.com/swe/hifi/index.html  a film were the test the passive PS audio Duet Power conditioner aginst Monster conditioner and more brands. I have order one. It costs 3800 dollars in sweden.Click here to see the move: http://video.psaudio.com/video.html

Then I have to make a warning!

A power conditioner are absolutely not the best solution for better sound!

The main problem can be solve instead  with a thrue earth and sheildes power cabel, and that will give real pure sound ,without any waste of the detail. All kind of electric noise are going direct to the ground. This will realy  help in all kind of A/V systems and that is a fact!

Believe mee,- I have used (to much) money and time to figure out the best solution to get mine 1000W and 500W ICEpower ampliefers to sound optimal, but only with earth connektion the sound is perfect and fantastic

The fact is, that a net-conditioner its not a perfect cure. Its  not only remove the symptoms, but its  olso  put some kind  of carpet over the sound  with waste of many many details! The sound getting darker, and remove  totally the life in the music.

Remove instead the main problem  It is much better and much cheaper and the sound will be perfect

Dont waste your money with these (expensive) net conditioner , get instead a true earth connektion to one peice of the audio system( the earth connektion are then connekted to all signal cables sheild, and then olso change all the small power cabele to a shield  types.and connect them to the earth.  And if you have time change olso the main power cabel to a shield type and do the same her. There is lot a info about the procedure on the web...

Ps. I have 3 different netconditioner for sale...

• 07-01-2007 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Net conditioner is totaly waste of money

That is true about what you said. Grounding of cables is a great idea but what about the grounding of power amplifiers? An even more expensive solution then a simple power conditioner. It yields great results without any degradation to sound quality. One problem though, how are you gonna remove noise from your power source ? True that power conditioners might slow power delivery but as time passes on they are getting less of a problem. Getting an AC regenerator might even lower the distortion and noise levels throughout the system. Why else will they be used for hifi entusiasts for decades? The main problem doesn't only come from interference, it also come from the source. 
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)