in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-03-2010 2:20 PM by rfarfan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2010 9:38 PM

Logic board (amplifier) for a Beomaster 5500

Hi this is my first post in this forum and i hope i am posting in the right section, i was given a beosystem 5500

I am an electronics fan and loved the system at first sight, when i tried to connect everything worked except

the speakers, i am a computer technician so i opened the unit and found that the transistors were blown and

also some resistors, i ordered them and they blew again , the system powers up and receives the signals from

the remote, it changes to cd, phono, radio, etc but no sound!!!  please guide me as i am new in this BEOWORLD

and would like to save the unit, i need to buy the logic board of the beomaster 5500

thanks again and hope to hear from you

rfarfan

• 10-29-2010 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Logic board (amplifier) for a Beomaster 5500

Hi,

Welcome to the Workbench!

Your Beomaster has a problem with the "no load current" trimmer, its a 100 potiometer. Replace them, there are 2 of them.

Read this...

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/26832/208076.aspx#208076

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/4553/34390.aspx#34390

If your amplifier is unreparable burnt, i still have some spare boards. Depends on where you are living...

Martin

• 10-30-2010 3:01 PM In reply to

SmileThank you very much for your reply, i will try my best to repair it with the information you sent me but i will feel better if i know the replacement part is available, i live in Guatemala, Central America, but i have an address in the United states,  i will pay for shipping if you tell me what the price will be

Ronny

• 10-31-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

Hi Ronny,

Ups, from Germany to Guatemala, half around the world... would be pretty expensive.  Sad

• 11-01-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

I have some relatives that live in Germany and usually travel back and forth 3 times a year, maybe you can sell it to me and we can send them the parts, so they can bring it on their next visit, its the same with relatives in norway too, so would you please check if you have that board and how much you will be willing to sell it for, because i really would love the idea to save that B&O complete system, everything else works as a clock, the tape deck, the phono player, and the cd player also got the real B&O speakers, thanks again for the attention to my post, im glad i found you here Big Smile

• 11-03-2010 6:05 AM In reply to

i have a friend going to brussels next week, can we take advantage on that??

• 11-03-2010 1:42 PM In reply to

No problem! Smile

• 11-03-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

Hi again, i need to know if you have the part i need and also how much are you willing to sell it for thanks

Ronny

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)