in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2010 3:48 AM by DorsetArms. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2010 9:19 AM

Beocom 6000 telephone - No Signal

Hi - please help.

My B&O telephone has 'No Signal' displayed on the handset.

All was working fine up until a few days ago. I have left eveything unplugged overnight and plugged back in, but I still have 'No Signal'.

It may just be a conincidence but my internet went off on the same day, however, that is now up and running fine.

Grateful for any suggestions

Francis

• 10-27-2010 4:28 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 telephone - No Signal

Ours do that sometimes and the red light flashes as though the phone is in use.  We disconnect the connectors, blow in them to clear any dust/dirt, put them together again and that usually does the trick.  If it's not just a connector issue, one of the tech guys should be able to help.

Good luck,

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 10-29-2010 11:43 AM In reply to

Thanks - I have blown into the connectors, still no joy.

The handset does not seem to recognise the base Sad.

• 10-29-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Have you tried to re-register the handset to the base?

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 10-29-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

"No Signal" means there is no LINE signal coming into the base.

If it was a communication error between handset and base it would read "No Contact".

• 10-29-2010 12:49 PM In reply to

Hi Dave

I have tried re-registering the handset to base but the display keeps saying ' search base - wait' and a little '/' keeps revolving. When this eventually stops the screen displays 'register base?' again. 

I feel the fault is with the pstn base but I do not know what to check as there are no display lights (for example) to see if it has any power.

Thankyou for your help.

Francis.

• 10-29-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Depending on which PSTN base you are using, you can only register either 6 or 8 handsets. If you experience a problems and continually register the handset to the base, you eventually use up all available spaces with "phantom" registrations.

Once you get the base/handset working again, check to see how many handsets the PSTN thinks it has registered and delete any phantom ones.

Opman

• 10-29-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

Which PSTN do you have - The intelligent base type (line connection to the pyramid charger base), square PSTN or the small rectangular BeoLine?

It sounds as though the PSTN is faulty or lacking power supply...

• 10-29-2010 3:32 PM In reply to

It's the square Pstn. 

• 10-29-2010 3:41 PM In reply to

You'll probably need to pop it into your local dealer - where are you?

• 10-29-2010 4:08 PM In reply to

I actually bought the handset and PSTN 5 years ago when I lived in the UK.

I now live in rural France, a couple of hours away from the nearest large town/city.

(The phone has worked fine in France for 3 years).

Francis.

• 10-29-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I've come across similar scenarios where telephone products purchased in another country are brought to the UK. I'm told by B&O Service centre that the software is not stable when manufactured for another country. I suspect that if you take this to a dealer in France, they will regard it is conversion rather than a repair.

The software for France can be uploaded but if you return to the UK, you may experience the same problem. I have instances of foreign phones working for a few weeks and others working for nearly a year before "falling over".

Opman

• 11-01-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

Hi and thankyou all for your help.

I have had no luck getting the telephone to work since I first posted. I have tried all suggestions, so thanks for that.

I was advised by B&O when I moved to France that the phone may not work outside of the country it was purchased. I tried it anyway and it has been 5 years - ok (except for one blip when we had a storm - but it did come back on after a couple of days). So I am  not convinced that is the issue.

Can you buy new PSTN's off the internet as it will be a long drive to find a B&O supplier, here?

By the way, the phone is now displaying 'Not Registered'Unsure.

Thanks again for all your help.

Francis

• 11-03-2010 5:34 AM In reply to

As a temporary solution until I can get the PSTN base station looked at in the UK - would another manufacturer's PSTN work with my good B&O handset?

• 11-03-2010 6:07 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

I'm guessing you have checked that the phone line itself is functioning correctly? I've had the same error appear on my BeoCom 6000 only to discover there's nothing wrong with the phone or base, rather the problem was with the line into the house.

Cheers,

Matthew

• 11-04-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

Thanks Matthew - The line is fine. Since the Beocom error I have had to plug another telephone into it and that works fine.

• 11-05-2010 5:50 AM In reply to

I had the same problem. After days I discovered that the splitter, that piece of plastic with line in, power and line out, was malfunctioning. Replaced is and it still works fine.

It happened over night. There was no movement with that splitter. It just stopped connecting.

You do not own B&O, it owns you!

• 11-05-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

Thanks Dorsetarms.

Could somebody please describe the splitter for me.

Is it the 3 pin connection that detaches from the PSTN - labelled App/Power Supply?

Where can I order one from - preferably on-line?

Sorry - if this is a bit vague but I am doing it from memory as the phone and pstn have been packed away ready for our next trip back to the UK.

Francis

x

• 11-13-2010 3:48 AM In reply to

Yes, it is that 3 pin connector you discribe. I got one from my dealer.

You do not own B&O, it owns you!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)