in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2010 5:52 PM by bossbrad. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2010 11:55 AM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Ipod dock

I had a phone call a day ago from a dealer asking if i wanted a B&O Ipod dock and speaker. It is expected to arrive mid November and cost £850. Comes in black and white.

For that price it really has to be twice as a good as say a Zeppelin.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 10-21-2010 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: Ipod dock

I'm really excited about this - this could be the product that either makes or breaks the brand. I'm hoping it makes me love the brand like I really used to. I've found that them extremely vulgar in today's recession hit environment - let's hope it has the magic of B&O from the past!

• 10-22-2010 12:01 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

I'm really excited about this - this could be the product that either makes or breaks the brand.

I somehow doubt that! This sentence ring more truth if you added "for me" at the end of it :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-22-2010 2:46 AM In reply to

For less then 900 Euro you can get your old Ouverture rebuilt to this http://www.beodesign.org/ and control it like any A.tape from any room.

That is a more cool Ipod dock.. i think.

For exampel... Who wants i big iPod B&Ock with speakers, when you got some Beolab5 standing in your livingroom.

A small Dock, with MasterLink/BeoNet in the back would be prefered insted. or integratet like the http://www.beodesign.org/ 

• 10-22-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

• Beophile
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

The Ouverture iPod dock is a fantastic idea.  Is this real?  Has anyone here used one of these? 

• 10-22-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Schmedegaard:

For less then 900 Euro you can get your old Ouverture rebuilt to this http://www.beodesign.org/ and control it like any A.tape from any room.

That is a more cool Ipod dock.. i think.

For exampel... Who wants i big iPod B&Ock with speakers, when you got some Beolab5 standing in your livingroom.

A small Dock, with MasterLink/BeoNet in the back would be prefered insted. or integratet like the http://www.beodesign.org/ 

I think this is a great solution.

There is no one single solution for the iPod market, too many users to cover.

I think the BS8 concept is good, but B&O should supplement the rest of its music systems with a simple plug-and-play dock with charging and Beo4 control.

Evan

• 10-25-2010 3:55 AM In reply to

Beophile:

The Ouverture iPod dock is a fantastic idea.  Is this real?  Has anyone here used one of these? 

Yes it´s real.

I contactet Beodesign.org And got this reply:

Hi

Thanks for your interst in our product :-)

We just finished a new industrial produced controler

with a new iphone plug (only 1mm thick), 3 programmed

micro-controler, now supports your playlists, ...

Price of this kit is 940 Euro (simply send us your

ouverture, we rebuild it). We offer this kit

only as a privat sale due to registered trademarks of bang & olufsen and apple.

Normally there is a big waiting list - but some Prada Flagstore

has ordered two units and need only one - so we have one free

unit at the moment.

Greetings from Germnay

Tim Priesnitz

• 10-25-2010 8:38 AM In reply to

Bet it's not long before they offer these for BC9300 etc?, or someone comes up with a Masterlink iPod doc

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 10-25-2010 3:07 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Can this modification be done with U.S. model BeoSystem 2500?

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

• 10-25-2010 4:02 PM In reply to

That modification is spectacular!  It would be equally spectacular if they did the same with the Beosound 2000/Century.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-26-2010 2:54 AM In reply to

I think it would be possible to built it in, both in the BS2000 and BS2500, as they use the "TAPE" part of it.

But send a request to Beodesign.org, and let us all knowBig Smile

• 10-27-2010 4:28 AM In reply to

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

Hi all,

The B & O iPod docking item will be launched on 10th November in England and Europe, to which I have been invited by my local dealer.  As I understand, it will take an iPod touch, iPod phone and iPad.  I believe it to be a stand alone system. Priced between £750 and £1000.

MERCATS

• 10-27-2010 2:26 PM In reply to

iPod dock

Hi Mercats,

Thank you for that information! You certainly know more information than me on this one - I really don't understand the secrecy of some of the dealers. I telephoned Bang & Olufsen of Chester yesterday and the Sales Manager was completely unhelpful and wouldn't even give me a month when it would be released. Today I telephoned B&O in Hull and didn't get a call back and sent 2 emails which went unanswered. TERRIBLE service from B&O dealers and they wonder why their sales are down.

In conclusion, yes, I will be buying the BeoSound 8 however, I'll be buying it from Selfridges, London as their service throughout the whole store is perfect! If you get bad service from one place... move on!

• 10-27-2010 3:27 PM In reply to

Re: iPod dock

If you have the feeling of gettin bad service at your local dealer, i think you shout contact Bang and Olufsen in Denmark/struer and inform them. If they dont get feedback, they can't make it better;-)

• 10-27-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

If a dealer isn't very helpful about products whose specs haven't even been released yet, I don't think complaining about it is exactly going to lead anywhere...

-mika

• 10-27-2010 3:45 PM In reply to

Being honest I believe a lot of dealers were informed about this product over six weeks ago! Therefore I did expect a lot more customer service wise!

• 10-27-2010 4:04 PM In reply to

I don't doubt that... but do you really expect them to do 'customer service' against instructions from the headquarters, and risk their business from that side?

-mika

• 10-27-2010 4:32 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

In the US, the word is 10 November.  But who really knows what that means?  Not I.  Price?  Nope.  Colors?  White and Black.  I was told that nobody was held to secrecy, so maybe they don't know.  I sure don't, and I probably would.   PS.  New PR firm.   Might mean that you don't let the rumor mill run the business.  How refreshing?

• 10-27-2010 5:06 PM In reply to

I ment, If the service in general was bad... Then let them know... Otherwise they can't change it...:-)

I would want my customers to give feedback... Positive and negative.

Of couse B'O are holding back on info about new products... A way to hold the exhitement....

Try Google it... It's werry hard to find any info on any of the soon to be released products:

Beosound 8

Beo 6

Beosound 5 Encore

Beovision 4 84" with 3D

Just like Apple... Remember the months before iPhone4 release;-)
  • 10-27-2010 5:52 PM In reply to

• bossbrad
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-02-2009
    • Colorado, USA
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

symmes:

In the US, the word is 10 November.  But who really knows what that means?  Not I.  Price?  Nope.  Colors?  White and Black.  I was told that nobody was held to secrecy, so maybe they don't know.  I sure don't, and I probably would.   PS.  New PR firm.   Might mean that you don't let the rumor mill run the business.  How refreshing?

From what my dealer told me the price is going to be $999.99. Which makes me think that its going to be a pair of BeoLab 4 PC's with a ipod dock between the two. Obviously it will be in a new form factor.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)