in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2010 12:19 AM by Piaf. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2010 12:19 AM

• Piaf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-08-2007
    • Victoria, British Columbia
    • Posts 409
    • Founder

BeoSound 2000 cassette issues

My BeoSound 2000 arrived with a cassette issue, in that it would play briefly in one direction, switch directions, and then stop. With the belt in question, I contacted B&O and they sent a replacement belt and the drive wheels.

The belt and drive wheels just arrived and indeed the old belt had stretched. Changed the belt to no effect, so changed the drive wheels and like magic the cassette player played beautifully, got to the end of the tape and reversed direction. Superb sound! I was shocked how beautifully the BeoSound 2000 plays cassette tapes. Suscess, or so I thought.

I put the unit back together and the tape player went back to its old ways stopping after only the shortest of plays, reversing, and then stopping.

The BeoSound played so well for a prolonged period of time that I know that it must be something minor, but I’ll have to wait until next weekend to try to get things right. Still frustrating!

Any suggestions as what might have gone wrong?

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)