in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2010 9:24 AM by beobeetle. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2010 1:02 PM

rubber or foam rings for midrange speakers

Hello,

We are in trouble, please help!!!

We ordered rubber ring for midrange speakers for our Beovox Penta. Unfortunately the rings provided (From GoodHiFi Netherland) are biger, despite they were offered for BV Penta. They charged us with 40 EUR

Do somebody know where we can order reliable rings? Is anywhere in Europe a company or person who can deliver good rings?

On a separate note-rubber or foam rings?

Thanks

Nadya and Mitko

• 10-19-2010 1:07 PM In reply to

Re: rubber or foam rings for midrange speakers

Have you tried speaking to Good HiFi to see if you can sort something out between you? That would be my first action before posting on here.

I have used them a few times before, and would recommend them. I know other people on the forum have good things to say about them too. I'm sure if you're unhappy then you'll be offered a return/refund.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-19-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Thank you! We will contact and ask them again, but we need a backup. We are not sayng something bad for them, as they shipped these rings twice. The firs shipment was lost somewhere....

• 10-19-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

Not sure about a backup, but I hope things get sorted between you for a refund :)

Andy (jandyt) has recently re-foamed some BV Pentas. Andy - where did you get your surrounds from??

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-19-2010 1:42 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

cONCUR WITH j0HN - Ive used their ring lots of times - you don't say why they are too large , my problem was a little overhang of the outer metal chassis all other details, diams etc seemed to work well - the overhsng was simply trimmed with a modelling knife, the penta's i did have new foam rings and if as the originals should be good for 20 years(?) Thewy also sound wonderfull

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-19-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

Hi, the guy who repaired speakers told that even inner diameter of the rings is bigger (with about half inch!). Probably they sent rings not for Penta????

• 10-19-2010 3:06 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

I have here some rings for a Penta refurb - the dimensions are outer(external diam 77mm, inner( internal) 46mm with approx 4mm flat rims to ground on the outer chassis and innercone

hope this helps!

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-19-2010 3:17 PM In reply to

Thanks tony, just discovered something. The rings received have outer diam 84 mm, internal is 77...and probably they are for Beolab 6000, according to site :)

• 10-19-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

• arned
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-24-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 97
    • Bronze Member

Maybe you should have ordered new midrange speakers from B&O. They still have them.

• 10-19-2010 5:53 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Ask Martin (member name "Dillen") about some new rings. I'm not sure where he gets his, but he might be able to point you in a better direction.

I've used Good HiFi's 8" foam rings for the MS150 speakers, and they fit perfectly. However, he's had issues with the fitment of some of their rings, and I believe he uses a different source.

Jon

• 10-19-2010 7:56 PM In reply to

• MartinM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

I refoamed the mid-ranges in my Penta's with rings sourced from Good Hi-Fi. These fitted perfectly.

There has been much debate about using replacement foam or rubber rings. Personally, I would choose foam as that is what the mid ranges were manufactured with.

• 10-20-2010 9:24 AM In reply to

Great idea! Thanks! Unfortunately services of B&O dealer in Bulgaria are awful Super Angry Don't ask me why-we asked there for pickup for BG5500-3 months without reply from them!!!!!!

Where we can order these loudspeakers?

Thanks!

Nadya and Mitko 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)