in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-18-2010 8:56 PM by jc. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2010 4:48 PM

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

DVD/BR player

Isn't it strange that a premium brand like B&o doesn't have a complete range of video products? Only the BV7 has an optional DVD/Blueray player build in. The other TV's, including the expensive BV4, are to be coupled to a player of a make other than B&o. How difficult can it be for B&o to offer a decent DVD/BR player with a B&o badge?

• 10-17-2010 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: DVD/BR player

Judging from their efforts with DVD1 and DVD2,HDR,  they'd better not attempt it!!!

-Dimitris

• 10-17-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

Every laptop computer has a drive build in...

• 10-17-2010 7:13 PM In reply to

I wish B&O did a stand alone DVD or Blueray player...

One that is up to date and plays DivX etc. My DVD1 is not that great, and I had one of those horrible DVD2s for a bit(wanted to throw that one out the window). C'mon B&O, time for a new stand alone player..... PLEASE!!!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 10-18-2010 12:24 PM In reply to

DrDimitris:

Judging from their efforts with DVD1 and DVD2,HDR,  they'd better not attempt it!!!

lolBig Smile

• 10-18-2010 12:35 PM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

The DVD1 was a good performing DVD-player, I thought? 

In fact, I think videoplayback like a harddiskdrive, a DVD/BR player should be at least an option for every B&o television. In this respect the user-friendliness for which B&o is famous is not as good as it should be.  

• 10-18-2010 1:58 PM In reply to

Solution:

Beocenter 2 with BluRay, HDMI connection and internet capabilities. I will buy it yesterday!

• 10-18-2010 3:53 PM In reply to

BeoFab:

Solution:

Beocenter 2 with BluRay, HDMI connection and internet capabilities. I will buy it yesterday!

But you can´t buy it tomorrow!Devil

• 10-18-2010 4:57 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I buy B&O stuff only when I consider that it's the best stuff I can get for a decent price (yes, I really think that B&O is value for money)

Some people here would really like to have a Philips BD player with a B&O sticker on it. Even if it's totally awful design & user experience (DVD 2...) Why? (there are some REALLY good BD players on the market for under 200€, totally integrated in the B&O user experience (no kikinoko logo at startup and PUC-controllable))

I think it's like wine : prestigious sticker or exceptionnal taste? Big Smile

• 10-18-2010 5:59 PM In reply to

BeoFab:

Solution:

my dream would be a beosound9000 with one slot with BD capabilities,...

someone said that it was impossible,because bluray is too noisy and require more space than DVD(i mean the beocenter 2)

.....if i spend 4000€ for BD player, i hope an engineer  find out a clever solution...we are not talking of something 200€ "crap"...

• 10-18-2010 7:50 PM In reply to

I agree with you. I never had a DVD2 but I heard pretty bad stuff about it. 

When I suggested the BeoCenter2 with BluRay, HDMI and internet download I was thinking more about the beautiful design that it has. I have a Samsung BluRay that is pretty good, the interface is not that terrible and I control it with my Beo5 but it lives hidden inside of the cabinet, the design is just an ugly black rectangle and very cheap looking plastic materials. 

More than the sticker I would say it totally lacks of a nice "packaging" and a "magical" experience as with the B&O products in general and Beocenter 2 in particular (wing doors, aluminum buttonless, etc.)

• 10-18-2010 8:56 PM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

What I meant starting this thread, is that I think it's strange that B&o does not have even in the simplest form a complete video productrange. It should not be necessary to shop elswhere as a B&o customer to buy a home video setup. It's like selling loudspeakers and still having to buy a complementary Sony CD-player...

Is not acceptable to me.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)