in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-12-2010 4:17 AM by tournedos. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2010 3:30 AM

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

new ipod dock????

Driven by the continuous regression in the quality of our consuming of music, Jarre devised AeroSystem One® with the aim to retrieve and restore the lost sound that has been so meticulously produced in state-of-the-art recording studios: it is time for home-entertainment to be true to the genesis of the initial emotion created by the musicians in the studio.

AeroSystem One® is the result of four years research and development by Jean Michel Jarre and his team of sound engineers. Conceptualised in France, this powerful sound-system can accept all digital formats, from MP3, AAC, WMA, etc. AeroSystem One® is compatible with all iPod and iPhone models and comes with an integrated USB 2.0 port, as well as a mini-jack port offering the possibility to connect the system to a laptop, a CD / DVD player, smartphones, hard-disk files, as well as a vinyl turn-table. AeroSystem One® incorporates an electronic signal circuit, tailor-made to reproduce both the bass line and high notes with optimal precision.

AeroSystem One® delivers a precise and enveloping sound thanks to its powerful box beam and two directional speakers.

The ultimately elegant design of the AeroSystem One®, perfectly integrates into any interior, with its aesthetic ambition while privileging optimum audio quality, all at a most affordable price: a sound-system that appeals both to design and music-lovers.

• Ready for iPod.
      • Compatible with iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, iPod Classic, all generations.
    • Ready for iPhone, all generations.
    • Multiple input sources with mini jack connector
      • MP3 players
      • Computers
      • CD/DVD players
      • More devices
    • 1 USB host.
    • 240° Sound dispersion with built in 3D enhancement filters.
    • 2 x 30w full spectrum high definition tweeters.
    • 1 x 60w subwoofer
    • Dimensions: 26x26x108.5cm

Jarre Technologies® is a cutting-edge brand for technological Lifestyle, home-entertainment products, embodying contemporary style, simplicity and optimal performance. Its range of high-end, affordable products is dedicated to restoring emotion in how we experience sound and vision in the comfort of our interiors.

Jean Michel Jarre in renowned in his successful career for having broken new ground in music and concert performance: with Jarre Technologies®, a new page in experiencing and sharing home-entertainment is un-folding.

http://www.jeanmicheljarre.com

never explain never complain

• 10-11-2010 4:14 AM In reply to

Re: new ipod dock????

That'll blend well with those propane powered terrace heaters.

-mika

• 10-11-2010 5:16 AM In reply to

I'm a huge fan of Jean-Michel Jarre.. But this (non-B&O) iPod dock (which has been around for some time now) sucks big time..

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-11-2010 5:38 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Reminds me of this Ikea thing ("Ordning"):

Seriously, though, that dock is a monstrosity. It makes me think that that sort of product is targeted towards the "hifi enthusiast" - you know, the type of person who spends thousands on speaker cables, power conditioners and are convinced it matters which way the cable is connected.

• 10-11-2010 6:04 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

I hadn't actually read the press release when I made the post before, but I just did and thought I'd comment bit by bit.  I

Driven by the continuous regression in the quality of our consuming of music, Jarre devised AeroSystem One® with the aim to retrieve and restore the lost sound that has been so meticulously produced in state-of-the-art recording studios:

Audiophilic nonsense. You cannot "restore" something that isn't there. Especially not with a stand. It matters not what the hell the iPod is placed on.

it is time for home-entertainment to be true to the genesis of the initial emotion created by the musicians in the studio.

More nonsense.

AeroSystem One® is the result of four years research and development by Jean Michel Jarre and his team of sound engineers.

Nonsense. It's a an audiophilic "lifestyle" product that has no meaning outside of the pseudo scientific audiophilic circles.

Conceptualised in France, this powerful sound-system can accept all digital formats, from MP3, AAC, WMA, etc.

Er, it better. It's  a plug adaptor built into a stand as is every other iPod dock. Of course it plays every format that the iPod does.

AeroSystem One® is compatible with all iPod and iPhone models and comes with an integrated USB 2.0 port, as well as a mini-jack port offering the possibility to connect the system to a laptop, a CD / DVD player, smartphones, hard-disk files, as well as a vinyl turn-table.

You know, just like the standard iPod dock Super Angry

AeroSystem One® incorporates an electronic signal circuit, tailor-made to reproduce both the bass line and high notes with optimal precision.

Nonsense. It either acts as a plug adaptor as it should, or they have "tailored" it to colour (i.e. distort) the audio.

AeroSystem One® delivers a precise and enveloping sound thanks to its powerful box beam and two directional speakers.

Directional speakers? That's really not a good thing. Are they horns, since they're "directional"?  It's a vertical boom box.  I am actually surprised it has speakers. There is no dampening in it, so if it uses that empty cylinder as part of the actual speaker box, you will have loads of distortion.

The ultimately elegant design of the AeroSystem One®, perfectly integrates into any interior,

I beg to differ. I know very few people with homes where that thing would like the part. Damn, that thing is ugly.

with its aesthetic ambition while privileging optimum audio quality

Nothing optimum about the audio quality of a vertical boombox. Show me the measurements instead of all the pseudo scientifc babble.

240° Sound dispersion with built in 3D enhancement filters.

You guys just claimed they were "directional".

Secondly, "3D enhancements filters" = equaliser ridden distortion

It has a 60watt subwoofer to make up for those "full spectrum" drivers. Full spectrum speakers interesting in that you can completely do without a crossover, be it a passive crossover or an active.

However, since they need to extend the lower end with a sub, you still need a crossover. My bet is that they use a passive one.

• 10-11-2010 7:15 AM In reply to

tournedos:

That'll blend well with those propane powered terrace heaters.

LaughingLaughingLaughing You're cracking me up, Mika!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-11-2010 9:29 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Karel Uyttendaele:

I'm a huge fan of Jean-Michel Jarre.. But this (non-B&O) iPod dock (which has been around for some time now) sucks big time..

Now we're two!

I like the analysis made by "Electrified"! Yes -  thumbs up

In Sweden we have an old saying "Shoe maker, stick to your last!", meaning keep doing what you're good at. And JMJ should continue with amazing music (which we can play on our B&O).

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-11-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

Electrified:

I hadn't actually read the press release when I made the post before, but I just did and thought I'd comment bit by bit.  I

Driven by the continuous regression in the quality of our consuming of music, Jarre devised AeroSystem One® with the aim to retrieve and restore the lost sound that has been so meticulously produced in state-of-the-art recording studios:

Audiophilic nonsense. You cannot "restore" something that isn't there. Especially not with a stand. It matters not what the hell the iPod is placed on.

it is time for home-entertainment to be true to the genesis of the initial emotion created by the musicians in the studio.

More nonsense.

AeroSystem One® is the result of four years research and development by Jean Michel Jarre and his team of sound engineers.

Nonsense. It's a an audiophilic "lifestyle" product that has no meaning outside of the pseudo scientific audiophilic circles.

Conceptualised in France, this powerful sound-system can accept all digital formats, from MP3, AAC, WMA, etc.

Er, it better. It's  a plug adaptor built into a stand as is every other iPod dock. Of course it plays every format that the iPod does.

AeroSystem One® is compatible with all iPod and iPhone models and comes with an integrated USB 2.0 port, as well as a mini-jack port offering the possibility to connect the system to a laptop, a CD / DVD player, smartphones, hard-disk files, as well as a vinyl turn-table.

You know, just like the standard iPod dock Super Angry

AeroSystem One® incorporates an electronic signal circuit, tailor-made to reproduce both the bass line and high notes with optimal precision.

Nonsense. It either acts as a plug adaptor as it should, or they have "tailored" it to colour (i.e. distort) the audio.

Directional speakers? That's really not a good thing. Are they horns, since they're "directional"?  It's a vertical boom box.  I am actually surprised it has speakers. There is no dampening in it, so if it uses that empty cylinder as part of the actual speaker box, you will have loads of distortion.

The ultimately elegant design of the AeroSystem One®, perfectly integrates into any interior,

I beg to differ. I know very few people with homes where that thing would like the part. Damn, that thing is ugly.

with its aesthetic ambition while privileging optimum audio quality

Nothing optimum about the audio quality of a vertical boombox. Show me the measurements instead of all the pseudo scientifc babble.

240° Sound dispersion with built in 3D enhancement filters.

You guys just claimed they were "directional".

Secondly, "3D enhancements filters" = equaliser ridden distortion

It has a 60watt subwoofer to make up for those "full spectrum" drivers. Full spectrum speakers interesting in that you can completely do without a crossover, be it a passive crossover or an active.

However, since they need to extend the lower end with a sub, you still need a crossover. My bet is that they use a passive one.

Is it fair to say you might not be buying one then?

Laughing

• 10-11-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Doctor:
    Is it fair to say you might not be buying one then?

LOL, yup! Stick out tongue

• 10-11-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

POC.

It's fugly, and can't be good. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-11-2010 4:51 PM In reply to

It looks like a not very good cheese grater with an ipod on top.

It would probably blend in with a 6 foot tin opener if I had one!!

• 10-11-2010 5:21 PM In reply to

I knew I'd seen one before.......I assume the drummer bought one, hated it, chopped off the top and incorporated it into his kit by plonking it ontop of a cymbal. Smile

Most visible from 2.30 onwards

• 10-11-2010 7:29 PM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

"while privileging optimum audio quality"

It appears to convert nouns into verbs as wellSmile