in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2010 4:51 PM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2010 5:14 AM

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

BV9 - which STB/Bluray/media center would you add to it?

Dear All

I need some good advice about updating my system, I have an option to purchase a BV9 which I intend to take, but naturally I would like to create the best home set up for the family, I currently own a BV5, with Sky freesat, DVD2 & Wii, this works fine but now I want to come into the 21st Century and do more with the TV.  The BV5 will be moved to another room for the kids to use for TV & Gaming. 

So my questions are:

What STB player would you recommend - freeview or freesat? (I don't want to subscribe to Sky) to use with beo5/beo4

What bluray player would you recommend? (with recorder?) or should I chose a PS3 with bluray?

What media center would you recommend - am drawn towards AppleTV and would like an ipad as part of this.

an indication on prices/costs would be useful as I don't have a bottomless pit - expecially after I'be bought the BV9

thanks, Hugh

• 10-08-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

• Movie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV9 - which STB/Bluray/media center would you add to it?

Hi Hugh

It is a matter of personal choice, but I would think that

freesat with hard drive for for recording and  if it gives HD content would be a 1st. option,  

bluray, well PS3 has good reviews on picture quality and can be controlled by BV9, the only thing is that the kids might like to use it for games.

Media centre, well I think Apple would be the way to go, the new Apple TV is a good value and would be worth looking at.

Sorry I cant help out on prices.

Movie

• 10-08-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

• Hughie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Walton-On-Thames
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

thanks, I appreciate its down to personal choice - but useful to get good recommendations from others B&O users, I think I'm going with the following:

Humax Foxsat HDR (320Gb)

Sony Blu Ray BDP-S470

Apple TV

any other suggestions?

Hugh

• 10-08-2010 4:51 PM In reply to

In the past others have highly recommended the Oppo as a player

The Apple TV choice is very dependent (I think) on the following:

- are you an existing Mac user with an inventory of multi-media content (video, photo, music)

- what is the UK iTunes store's position with respect to Apple TV streaming content ... remember the purchase/rent model changes with the latest Apple TV

Again, others in the past have recommended the older Apple TV especially when equipped with ATVFlash

And you won't regret an iPad especially if you do have Macs in your house.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)