in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2010 1:27 AM by butch1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2010 2:45 AM

• butch1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-08-2008
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

New Television Dilemma please help

Hi all I have been a B&O fan for years and have had alot of equipment.My finances are not the same as they used to be,and with b&o prices escalating its hard to get a good system on the cheap.I have had 2 mxs,2 bv1ls,1 beocenter 1,2 bv3,1 avant rf vtr,1 avant 32 dvd which were affordable then ,as the avant was the flagship at £5200.When I wanted a bigger screen I was looking at over £10000 to change at the time for a bv4 or 5,so I bought a pioneer 50" for £2500.The thing is it has a good picture but I miss the little thigs like ease of use,automatic picture control,the sound,and design.It has got to the point that I spend most of the time using my beocenter 1 in the bedroom .I have £2000 max to change and I was wondering if a beovision 5 was still a good buy as they are so cheap now.But for the same money I can get a 46"led 3d tv,but that means I would be back to square one like the pioneer.What do you guys think as It costs ££££ to get a decent B&O tv these days.The avant was excellent,but to small for my lounge now and the bv4 dont have picture control and I would have to buy speakers.

• 10-07-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: New Television Dilemma please help

The Beovision 5 is a fab set for the price that you can pick them up for! I don't think that  you would be dissatisfied with the picture and you still get the sky control as well.Just look at the spec of the tv you are going to buy.....

I know you can get led sets for that price as you said the choice is one of those or a B & O set.See if you  can find somewhere or someone and watch a Bv5 for a while (if you have not watched one) and I bet you will want.

Hope this helps you?

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 10-08-2010 1:27 AM In reply to

• butch1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-08-2008
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Re: New Television Dilemma please help

Thats another thing I miss is having the sky control and using one remote,also with the pioneer I was always playing with the picture settings,and there is too many and confusing.Thats what I love about B&O,the ease of use and the factory settings I think are perfect.My dad has a mark 1 bv7-40 and I was not impressed with the picture,not as good as avant.the sound was excellent though.Another thing I like about avant,bv 5,bv 10 is you can hide the cables behind them better than say a bv7.I have sold the pioneer and dont miss it one bit.Need to get tv asap.I can then connect my lab8000.6000 and lab2 again instead of using different pre ampsetc.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)