in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2010 3:46 PM by elephant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2010 9:18 AM

Reinstalling AppleTV

Hi

I'm reinstalling my system after a house move and am struggling with the AppleTV.

There appears to be a fault with the 'Apple Remote' control software as only a few of the keys on the Beo4 produce any activity on the ATV, and even then it's the wrong action.  E.g. 'Stop' works as 'Enter', Up/Dn arrows don't work at all.  The AppleTv works fine with an apple remote and the PUC cable etc works fine when I switch it the Sky box.

Do I have to use a specific PUC output (I can't remember which was used previously) but I'm now connected to 4?

Is it possible that the software has somehow become corrupted?

Thanks in advance.

AP

• 10-28-2010 2:39 PM In reply to

Re: Reinstalling AppleTV

You need to de-connect the original apple remote. Then the BEO4 works well.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 10-29-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

Heribert:

How does one "deconnect" ?

Are you talking about pairing ? or de-pairing ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-04-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

Heribert:

Thanks for the information - I'm not exactly sure what you mean - if you could clarify then I'd be grateful.  In the meantime I'll have a play with the remote control settings on the ATV.

AP

• 11-04-2010 3:46 PM In reply to

Pestria:

Heribert:

Thanks for the information - I'm not exactly sure what you mean - if you could clarify then I'd be grateful.  In the meantime I'll have a play with the remote control settings on the ATV.

AP

What I did on my Apple TV was (using the apple remote) scroll to the "configuration settings" on the right and then scroll down to the "remote" option and then select "unpair", this opens up the Apple TV to processing IR signals set from any remote which includes the PUC emulating an Apple

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)