in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2010 8:27 PM by Relaximus. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2010 2:17 PM

• Relaximus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-04-2010
    • Canton CT - USA
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 3300 Arm Problem

My recently acquired Beogram 3300 has a problem with the arm system.  At rest, the arms are not parallel to the deck.  They are both higher at the cartridge end.  The result is that the cartridge will not track properly as it is not in full contact with the record surface.  Any ideas on how to level the arm assembly?

B&O 3300

Cheers!

Dave

New to B&O, but am now hooked!

Beogram 3300 & RX2 - Consoles: '56 Fisher Custom Futura & '63 Custom Electra - '58, 2 x '61 & '63 Motorola's - '61 Grundig;  Assorted newer, silver-faced stuff

Filed under: ,
  • 10-04-2010 4:12 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 3300 Arm Problem

I suspect that the arms did not get adjusted to be like that. It is not an adjustment that is likely to change in any use. My feeling is that the cause is under the covers.

Maybe the rods that the carriage runs on have become dislodged in transit to you. The front bar could be out of it's mountings which would cause this effect.

Just a guess mind you!

Regards Graham

• 10-04-2010 7:06 PM In reply to

• Relaximus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-04-2010
    • Canton CT - USA
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Graham!  Well, I attempted to check the front carriage rail and managed to dislodge the tonearm.  It would appear that I'm in a bit deeper now.  Next I'll remove the dust cover for better access.  However, I can't really access the right-hand side of that rail as it's hidden below the deck's top plate.  Looks like I'll need to figure out how to remove the top plate to gain access and then try and get the tonearm re-seated in its carriage.

Cheers!

Dave

Beogram 3300 & RX2 - Consoles: '56 Fisher Custom Futura & '63 Custom Electra - '58, 2 x '61 & '63 Motorola's - '61 Grundig;  Assorted newer, silver-faced stuff

• 10-05-2010 3:25 AM In reply to

Leave the dust cover on!

The top plate cannot be "removed" rather, the top of the deck will open up rather like the hood on a car, to expose the inner workings.

The hinge of the "hood" is on the LHS and the fixings are under the RHS (looking from the front)

Here's how.......

Remove the cartridge!!!

Remove the platter and move the arm carriage gently across to the centre (ie. as far left as possible).

Look under the RHS and remove the two screws under the edge of the deck.

Now lift the RHS of the deck but take care that the arm carriage is clear.

Most decks have a "hood" stay clipped up along the rear edge and a corresponding hole to fix it in the raised position.

Good Luck!

Regards Graham

• 10-05-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

• Relaximus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-04-2010
    • Canton CT - USA
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Graham:

You sir, are a genious!  I did as you recommended and opened her up.  Low and behold the front guide bar had become dislodged from its right-hand mount.  Re-installed it, lubed everything whilst I was in there and buttoned everything back up.  Works a charm now!  Thank you!!!

Cheers!

Dave

• 10-05-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

Thanks for that Dave, glad I was able to help.

Regards Graham

• 10-05-2010 8:27 PM In reply to

• Relaximus
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-04-2010
    • Canton CT - USA
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Here it is, working just perfectly!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)