in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2010 12:11 PM by DrDimitris. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2010 10:13 AM

Beosound 5 with non-B&O-TV?

Is it possible to combine a Beosound 5 (with B&O speakers) and a non-B&O-TV? Would I loose any functionality and/or ease of use?

• 10-03-2010 11:30 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 5 with non-B&O-TV?

I have been told by a dealer that this does not work...  something to do with it expecting IR commands from MasterLink when connected to a TV vs. using the IR receiver in the BS5 unit.  However, I'm not exactly sure if I believe this...  I've found that B&O dealers are not necessarily authorities on what can be done with non-B&O equipment.

Stan

• 10-03-2010 11:57 AM In reply to

It depends on what you mean.

Most people, when asking if they can "connect" a non-B&O television to a B&O audio system, they mean that they want the sound to play through the B&O audio system's speakers. If this is what you mean, then no. There is no good way to do this because the BeoSound 5 doesn't have an AUX input which is unique in the audio system lineup.

If, however, you mean that you want to use the BeoMaster 5 interface on a non-B&O television, then yes. You can do this using an external IR receiver (the one for the Avant or BeoSystem 1 will do) in place of the ML commands. The sound, however, will be output from the BeoMaster 5 into the television so that the sound will play from the television and not the BeoSound 5.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-03-2010 12:00 PM In reply to

And yes. You will lose functionality. Any time you omit a Bang & Olufsen product you lose functionality, usability, performance, build quality, physical beauty, and self respect. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-03-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Any time you omit a Bang & Olufsen product you lose functionality, usability, performance, build quality, physical beauty, and self respect. 

Hmmmm, i don't see all of that as an owner of a Beomedia1 connected to my Beovision7. 

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)