in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2010 11:27 AM by nycbrg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2010 11:08 AM

Neo Beo Phyte 8000 system issues

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

I recently inherited a Beo trio BM8000, Beocord 8002, and Bgram 8000, along with a pair of M100’s.  They’ve been sitting, unused for the better part of 12 years at least.  I was told that nothing worked, and that the outputs were blown (it almost went to the land fill!). I couldn’t let it go anyway.  Upon further inspection, (the first thing out of the trailer and into the house) I was pleased to get lights on the gram and master.  First I checked the headphone output, and thought/imagined I heard a faint sound.  Lo and behold, when I connected the 100’s, she came to life!  There are (surprise, surprise) still issues.  They amount to these so far:

1) The master does shut off after about 15 minutes of moderate use (cap problem?)

2) The Bgram plays, but the tone-arm gets stuck and the transport is not smooth.

3) The Beocord does not power up at all.  I checked the transformer, which does not even warm up, and the fuse appears to be OK, but the contacts to the main ribbon cable are pitted/corroded.

I am of course interested in getting the system fully functional, with a Terminal and CD if I can find one.  I have read several posts about cap kits and such and would like to know how to obtain them.  Also Mohawk, if you’re out there I would be interested if you’d be willing to either share your PCB drawings for the boards you had made or the supplier that manufactured them.

Thanks for a great site.

BeoMaster 8000, Beogram 8000, Beocord 8002, Beogram CD50, M100's.

Beocenter 9500 Beovox P45's

• 10-02-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: Neo Beo Phyte 8000 system issues

Nice find. The Beomaster will definitely need new capacitors and no doubt some of the variable resistors will have drifted and will need replacing (as they will break when adjusted!) The Beogram will also need some capacitors and probably a tacho disc though it may have already been done if it plays at 33. The tangential arm will probably just need cleaning and lubricating. The Beocord sounds a little more serious - normally it is just belts with these but yours sounds as if there may be some corrosion. There was no matching CD player though a Beogram CDX is the recommended one these days.

I would suggest contacting Dillen who can supply the capacitor kits - they come with instructions!

• 10-02-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: Neo Beo Phyte 8000 system issues

Thanks, Doc. I'll get with Dillen. Yes, the Beocord appears to have serious issues. I knew there wasn't a matching CD, but I'll be ont eh lookout for a CDX.

BeoMaster 8000, Beogram 8000, Beocord 8002, Beogram CD50, M100's.

Beocenter 9500 Beovox P45's

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)