in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-02-2007 3:38 PM by Peter. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2007 7:50 AM

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Falling on my sword

As a strong Apple non-fanboy, I must give props to whomever created the program between BeoPort and Mac.  Yesterday, I did my second Apple/BeoPort install, and I was pretty nervous (never having used Apple).  I can install a BeoPort correctly on PC in about 20 minutes.  I installed BeoPort on Mac in about 4 minutes, if you count starting the machine up.  With iTunes radio stations, NRADIO isn't very important, and NMUSIC worked perfectly.  My client was so happy, he pulled the trigger on completing B&O for his whole house.  Downside?  I saw his account information and his family is spending about $100 each month on iTunes downloads, but I guess that's better than crack.
  • 06-29-2007 10:34 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Falling on my sword

I can say this as it's the mac forum.. Wink

I gave in to the "get a Mac" brigade, and bought a 20" iMac.  I nervously opened the box, nervously set it up, nervously turned it on, and within 5 minutes flat i was romping round the menus marvelling at how everything just "worked"

the best thing i ever did was get a Mac (after B&O of course), and i have never had one single functionality issue with it. The only weak link in the interface is ME !! Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-02-2007 5:17 AM In reply to

Ah, is this the "coming-out" thread?!?

Ok, so I did it also and bought a MacBook Pro some weeks ago.

Haven't regret it so far, even if a lot of things are different to the Windows world - you have to get the knop out of you brain before you can really enjoy the mac.

Marcus 

• 07-02-2007 5:31 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Agreed! Most people who don't like OS X are trying to use it like Windows, and expect it to do everything in the same way. Things are different for a good reason, and I'm glad I switched to Mac!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-02-2007 6:30 AM In reply to

If I could only convince my father to go Mac. He worries that no one will be around to help him with troubles, and I keep telling him there won't be any that I can't fix over the phone with him.
    He went Windows PC because that's what all his acquaintances have - and he's had scores of issues ever since; including sending his workstation back for repairs and upgrades.
    Think I'll just buy him an iMac as a gift - but by now that will only leave him weeping over what he's lost out on by not going Mac to begin with.

• 07-02-2007 10:03 AM In reply to

I switched in late 2005 after reading pretty much everything on the Apple website. And now, my father has a Mac. And my brother has a Mac. And my mother has a Mac. And my sister has a Mac.

And I'm using Linux right now, hating it. Come on, Apple - give me Leopard! 

• 07-02-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

my dad had never used a computer before , he thought they were all pointless rubbish

a few months ago i gave him my old imac petal 17"er

he's been on it non stop ever since , loves itunes and google earth so much you can't get him off it now

:) 

popgear is grate™

• 07-02-2007 1:43 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

My dad's just switched to Mac as well, and is looking at moving his business across to a Mac network! He loves his MacBook, and was amazed when I showed him how you just plug in a printer and click print!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-02-2007 2:30 PM In reply to

Alex:

My dad's just switched to Mac as well, and is looking at moving his business across to a Mac network! He loves his MacBook, and was amazed when I showed him how you just plug in a printer and click print!

Bill Gates is just as amazed! 

• 07-02-2007 2:45 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Stick out tongue Amazed that his own company managed to muck it up so much!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-02-2007 3:24 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Seems like a lot of you have Macs and those of you who do, like them.
    Is there a mod out there who could possibly start a poll for a week or so.
    Options like
    1  Got Mac-love it
    2  Got Mac-hate it
    3  Got Macbook
    4 Love Windows +PC
    etc

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-02-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

On which forum!!! If on the Mac one - forgone conclusion! Laughing Might be a bit controversial on the General forum and regarded as a declaration of war if on the PC forum!

At the end of the day, they are all just computers and do a job. Apple has a better chance of actually working as both hardware and software are made by the same company. It will be interesting to see how the Safari for Windows does in its unprotected environment!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)