in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2010 7:25 PM by Medogsfat. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2010 5:26 AM

Beogram 3000 Acoustical - anyone on here?

Does anyone want to own up to buying this deck. Nice rare item for someone.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260668730236&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

• 10-02-2010 6:56 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 3000 Acoustical - anyone on here?

I was very tempted but decided against bidding in the end. I would have had to collect (no way I'd have had it posted) & Croyden would have been just to far to warrant it.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-02-2010 7:38 AM In reply to

Interesting - as I understand it, there were certain countries where the Thorens TD124 couldn't be offered, due to agreements Thorens had with importers. For these markets, the Acoustical turntable was offered instead. More at Beocentral.

• 10-02-2010 8:15 AM In reply to

It has to be said that that is only what I understood (one of my pages!) - the Acoustical version certainly appears in the UK manual rather than the Thorens version and I believe Holland used this deck as well.

• 10-02-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Does this mean I should have bitten the bullet & bought it anyway?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-02-2010 10:08 AM In reply to

Andy has my Acoustical 3000 - I found that it was good though not as good as the Thorens. Still has good bass and the motor is the same so is excellent. Not quite as heavy as the Thorens - looks a bit like a bigger 1000 in some ways. I am less convinced about the isolation in the deck. The arm seems less well mounted.

But yes, you should have bought it at that price! The receiver was probably what sold the lot. If the seller had advertised it here and then put it on eBay, he would have probably got considerably more!

• 10-03-2010 10:28 AM In reply to

Agree, this is a 'buy it and then book a days holiday to collect it' job - you would not risk it to shipping.

You might see another on EBAY, but don't count on it.

• 10-03-2010 1:20 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

I was very tempted but decided against bidding in the end. I would have had to collect (no way I'd have had it posted) & Croyden would have been just to far to warrant it.

Chris.

You should have said mate, I would have picked that up for you. Then we cpould have sorted some way of getting it to you. Next time you see anything around London. Ust let me know.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-04-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

Maybe we should have a Beoworld cooperative on picking things up from ebay. Could help a few people if we know that the items when sent will be packed by someone who knows what their doing.

• 10-04-2010 8:36 AM In reply to

beaker:
    Maybe we should have a Beoworld cooperative on picking things up

Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-05-2010 3:31 AM In reply to

Def up for that as there always seems to be loads I want eith Manchester way or Newcastle way!!!!! :-(

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 10-05-2010 8:46 AM In reply to

I think this is something we could run with - I will discuss this and see if we can come up with a system. It may be that it should be a pick up system - packaging is slightly fraught with delicate equipment - even when done carefully.

• 10-08-2010 7:25 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Large48:

Def up for that as there always seems to be loads I want eith Manchester way or Newcastle way!!!!! :-(

And there's me thinking all the best stuff is always darn sarfBig Smile

To be fair I've noticed a pattern in certain items being more prevelant in different areas - strange but true. If you want a good Beocenter 7*** come North, a cheap Avant - head South.

Basically there seems to be much better selection of good vintage stuff up here & much more "newer" stuff around the home counties. I'm sure it's a monetary divide which has brought this about.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)