in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2010 7:03 PM by leogenghis. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2010 8:13 AM

• JL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-06-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

BV10 thoughts after one year launch?

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering your thoughts about BV10 (40-46). Its been launched like year ago and it has been very popular topic in this site. Do you still think that BV10 is wow! and top TV on markets?

Im askin because im very close to buy one and wondering should I wait other BV launch in future...

JL

• 09-29-2010 10:20 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV10 thoughts after one year launch?

I own a BV10-40 and i'm very proud of it !

It has the Bang & Olufsen touch.

The best placement is on the wall for the WOW effect !

The picture is really stunning and the craftmanship out of this world.

Go for it !

• 09-29-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

I would consider one of these to replace my BV7 if the new universal video module allows the projector output the way the BS3 does

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-29-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

• mattyd
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-21-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

I have been waiting for the right TV for years now to replace my (what I beleive to be the best tube television made) BeoVision Avant DVD.

I had always wanted the BeoVision 7-32/40 since it was launched.  I never got round to buying one because the older versions lacked connections like HDMI etc. Also, I allways wanted and loved the BeoVision 5.  I loved the design and the fact that it was very different from anything else.  It was not HD and only a few models and then became HD but it was not up to speed with everything else.

When the BeoVision 10-40 came out, I absolutely loved it and what was a bonus is that it had all the boxes ticked (2 HDMI's, 200Hz, edge lit LED backlighting, Full 1080 etc etc.) At last, Bang & Olufsen have not only created a stunning TV, but it also has all the right spec and connections.

Also, because it looks similar to the BeoVision 5, it makes it every bit B&O!

Obviously I brought one.  Because I have a fire place in the way, I put it in the corner on a STB LUX pull & rotate bracket and it looks stunning.  Since living with it for a while, Its worth every bit of its price tag, and thanks to STB Brackets for a stunning bracket to go with it.

Well done Bang & Olufsen!

I hope that answers your question....

Matt.

• 09-30-2010 2:16 AM In reply to

• JL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-06-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thanks!

Now im even closer to buy BV10... Its really stunning in my opinion.

JL

• 09-30-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

I was even more hesitant than you when I decided to buy mine. After have it installed for two weeks now I can tell you it was one of the best decisions I made in the whole home renovation project. It is really very well designed. 

Just one recommendation if you are really a neat freak like myself about having all the cables hidden and looking perfect and you are not very handy then have it professionally installed. That is another decision that had me back and forward and now I cant tell you it was the second best decision I made about the beovision.

Just ask yourself, is there any other tv out there that you really like as much? Obviously my answer was NONE not even close.

• 10-05-2010 6:05 AM In reply to

• beoair
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Surrey UK
    • Posts 22
    • Founder

I Have had my BV10-46 for 6 months now and it is now better than ever. When I first posted about the new purchace I thought it was fantastic but indicated that there was a small problem with cameras following fast moving small objects (ie cricket and golf balls). They occasionally became blurred and with multiple images of the ball.Angry

My dealer inquired with technicians at the recent B&O dealer conference and they advised switching to "Game Mode". I did this via the menu when watching sky sports HD coverage of the Ryder cup and saw an instant improvement. Its now pretty much perfect.

For game mode; Menu-Options-Picture. Scroll down to "game mode" (at the bottom of the list on my TV). double click for on and a menu bar at the top of the screen briefly advises "game mode on". The mode only remains "active" for the channel you are on. It defaults to off again as soon as you change.

So, now that that is fixed I can say that I enjoy the picture immensely. The build quality is wonderful and it is a big improvement on my first generation BV5. And I never thought I would say that.Big Smile

• 10-05-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

• sja
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 18
    • Silver Member

You can use the beo4 to activate Game mode to.Smile

• 10-05-2010 6:13 AM In reply to

Hi,

I decided to swap my old Avant CTV 28" for a flat panel. Then I made my order this last saturday for a new BV10 46", with the motorized floor stand and the Beo5. I should received this one in close to 3 weeks.

I guess things will be different in a positive side, knowing the fact that the sound coming out of the Avant is a bit better than on the BV10 46".

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 10-05-2010 6:43 AM In reply to

• beoair
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Surrey UK
    • Posts 22
    • Founder

Hi sja

Do you mean there is a shortcut with the Beo4 ?

• 10-05-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

• sja
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 18
    • Silver Member

Yes!Smile

But only with the new Be4, that has got the jog stick.Whistle

• 10-05-2010 6:30 PM In reply to

Just ordered a 10-40, am looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-05-2010 7:40 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm delighted with my 10-46 too for the record. No problems to report at all. Smile

After being one of the first people in the UK to buy a Mk1 BV7-40 (non HD), then watch football on SD through it - i literally felt like i'd been robbed!  I promised never to buy new again, but to wait.  However, the first time i saw the 10-46 in action i simply said 'i want one..!'

Circumstances dictated that a BV10 would work better in the room than my beloved BV9 - and the rest is history!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-05-2010 8:33 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Circumstances dictated that a BV10 would work better in the room than my beloved BV9 - and the rest is history!

Lee

So the Misses ordered you to move the BV9 :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-06-2010 2:32 AM In reply to

I was about to buy a BV10-46 but eventually went for another brand, because of the lack of PC integration (which goes for all BeoVisions unfortunately). My new TV has an Ethernet socket that goes straight to my computer and plays all my music/photos/videos on it without any external box.

When B&O offers this, I might reconsider & buy a BV10, (I love the design & overall performance), but only if it reaches 55 inches (I can't go back to less than 50" now)Stick out tongue

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-06-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

Do yourself a favour and get an AppleTV - it does everything your builtin streaming client in your TV does, just better. And it beautifully integrates with your B&O setup.

Chrisreunion:

I was about to buy a BV10-46 but eventually went for another brand, because of the lack of PC integration (which goes for all BeoVisions unfortunately). My new TV has an Ethernet socket that goes straight to my computer and plays all my music/photos/videos on it without any external box.

When B&O offers this, I might reconsider & buy a BV10, (I love the design & overall performance), but only if it reaches 55 inches (I can't go back to less than 50" now)Stick out tongue

• 10-06-2010 4:16 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

I will tell you next week-end. BV 10 -46 arrives friday....

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-08-2010 4:51 PM In reply to

An excellent TV.

I'd recommend it if it's going to be on the wall.

On a stand, I'd go a a BV7.
  • 10-09-2010 3:09 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Wanted to replace my 8-32 for the 10-40. The new 10-40 did not "blow" me away regarding picture and of cause sound (miles away from the 8-40). Finally I ordered the 8-40 instead of the 10-40. By the way, money was not the reason.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 10-09-2010 3:32 PM In reply to

I read that the price is similar to the beovision 7 , is that correct ?

• 10-09-2010 3:49 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

7-32 yes, 7-40 no.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 10-11-2010 7:03 PM In reply to

I've had the 40" BV10 for about six months now, and am generally satisfied. Very good picture, fun rotating floorstand Smile, elegant design and good build quality. There are some foibles, but I'd still have bought the TV had I known about them back then. I'm pleased, but not blown-away pleased.

The foibles:

1. Comparatively poor sound to other B&O's. Matched with a pair of BL9's, center-channel movie audio is very unsatisfactory. Of course, not being a dedicated center-channel speaker is one of the problems, but discounting that, the audio quality is just subpar. I don't think it's just a bass issue either. When I change from SPEAKER 3 to SPEAKER 2, there's often a significant quality difference. SPEAKER 3 of course gives the advantage of voices coming more centrally, but at the expense of overall quality. Actors' voices in SPEAKER 3 aren't as rich and clear, although they're more central for sure. The 6000's or 8000's might be a better match sound-wise.

2. Slow startup time. Really, 20 seconds is TOOOOO slow.

3. During dark scenes, uneven brightness levels on the screen (after having been on for a while). But to be honest, I haven't been noticing it much. A recent software update is said to have mitigated the problem.

Re: Chris - I connect my computer to the TV via HDMI. Not as convenient as ethernet perhaps, since not all computers have HDMI output, but the results are pretty similar. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse to control it.

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)