in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2010 3:54 PM by martin77. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2010 11:32 AM

Beovision to Mac Mini via Infrared Eye

I currently have a Beovision 6 and a Mac Mini all connected nicely.  Unfortunately I currently still need to remote controls.  A couple of weeks ago I bought a Infrared Eye and had a PUK for Apple Remote installed.

The Mac Mini Audio is connected to the Audio Input of BeoVision (which is on AV3).  The Mac Mini Video is connected via DVI Input of BeoVision.  I also set the PUK for Apple Remote on "DTV".  Unfortunately my Mac Mini does not react on commands by the Beo Remote Control and Infrared Eye.  Can anybody help?  Which further adjustments do I have to make in order to control my Mac Mini via the Beo Remote 4?

• 09-27-2010 1:25 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovision to Mac Mini via Infrared Eye

What you are describing should do it. Have you checked that the Infrared extender is placed over the infrared eye on the mac? Its the black spot next to the DVD drive (not sure if that is right for the current 2010 model).

Also it only work in software that supports the apple remote for example frontrow

• 09-27-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

Many thanks for the quick reply...  I found two possible mistakes...  Firstly I was not aware of the fact that the IR Eye actually has to be that close (I always had it approx. 20 centimeters away)...  Secondly I have Remote Buddy installed and have to learn that program that a new Remote is used...  Now it works...  Not quite smoothly though...

Left, right, up and down as well as middle work perfectly...  However I cannot find the "menu" button...  Which would be great when using Remote Buddy...

• 09-27-2010 3:17 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

martin77:

...  However I cannot find the "menu" button...  Which would be great when using Remote Buddy...

Did you try EXIT?

Stefan

• 09-27-2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Stefan is right exit is the substitue for menu. Probably because you stille have to use the menu button on the TV for the setup menus

• 09-27-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Many thanks...  It works perfectly now...  Even with Remote Buddy...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)