in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-30-2007 3:03 PM by DrDimitris. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2007 2:55 AM

YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

I would like to thank all of you and Keith Saunders particularly who contributed to solve my problem.

The thing we discussed is here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/18184.aspx

Bottom line:

Yes our B&O systems are more ''clever'' than you can imagine...

Even technicians from various B&O stores were not thinking that could be possible to connect a BV7-32 to a non- B&O TV through Beolink Passive and watch DTV or DVD to the link room.

I can assure you....it works perfect.

Thanks again .

Dimitris

-Dimitris

• 06-29-2007 4:59 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Re: YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

That's great news!

Perhaps you should write a guide on how to do this, as I think there are others who might want to do the same. 

• 06-29-2007 5:12 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I don't wish to burst your bubble, but this is kinda common practice! Laughing Quite a few people have used 3rd party plasmas and LCDs in tangent with a BeoLink Passive, Active or BeoLab 3500 to achieve the same thing. The distributed link picture is just an RF modulated signal, and hence would appear like any other channel to the brand-x TV.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-29-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

With pleasure...

You have installed a Beolink Passive to the link room (with 2 passive speakers of course).

You set your BV SETTING FOR  modulator-> ON (it is in the menu tuning settings->link frequency-> modulator)

You connect the LINK TV OUT of the BV to the TV IN of your other non B&O TV.(with a good quality sat cable)

You select a link frequency to the BV (on a frequency not occupied by a TV station)(for example 895)

You manually search this specific frequency to the non B&O TV .

You store the freqency.(at that time you see ''snow'') 

You press DTV, or DVD on the IR of the Passive with the BEO4....and TADAAAAAAAAAAA

YOU WATCH IT. AND YOU USE BEO4 as normal.

Note: The sound will come both on Passive speakers and of course to the speaker of your  non B&O TV, but it will be STEREO in passive speakers and MONO to the speaker  of your non B&O TV.(small problem, you just use the passive speakers)

Hope this helps...Any questions are welcome....

Dimitris 

-Dimitris

• 06-29-2007 5:24 AM In reply to

I know Alex, but believe me.....most people(even B&O technicians or dealers....i have namesWink) did not believe it will work. Worst they were sure it wont work.....

Keith Saunders Rules...............

-Dimitris

• 06-29-2007 5:29 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Really? To me that shows a serious lack of technical knowledge on the dealer's behalf. The Link frequency is always based on exactly the same numbers as normal channels when tuning a TV in, I would have thought that would be enough of a giveaway to them when they're setting up multiple B&O TVs every week. This is something my dealer has done quite a few times in the past I believe.

Glad you're pleased with it! Certainly shows off how flexible BeoLink can be Big Smile

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-29-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

Well done Keith! I know Keith is a fount of knowledge and has helped many members here on Beoworld. Alex - please give credit where due! People may know this, but it was Keith who helped in this event! If he wants to be modest, let him do it! Laughing
  • 06-29-2007 8:03 PM In reply to

what type is you BV7 mrk I, II or III? I cannot find modulator setting on my mrk III tried "Menu","00GO" "RED RED GO" noting happens. I think it's better to use a no name stereo modulator and connect it to the V-tape scart, because most flat sceen's have a 50 ms time delay on the sound, it's ok with crt's...

• 06-30-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

You press on BEO4:

TV->MENU->TUNING->LINK FREQUENCY

and there is the trick....on link frequency you press the cursor of the BEO4 TWICE LEFT (<< X 2)...AND THEN YOU SEE THE MODULATOR SETUP.

Hope i helped

-Dimitris

• 06-30-2007 9:01 AM In reply to

Yes thats works, thanks... (<< x2 and GO Wink)
  • 06-30-2007 3:03 PM In reply to

My pleasure....Big Smile Big Smile

Dimitris

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)