in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-21-2010 5:04 AM by Sam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2010 3:59 PM

• Sam
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-24-2010
    • Rugby, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Gold Member

Beogram 8000 - no spin!

Hi guys,

I have had the opportunity to buy a beogram 8000. However, it appears to have some issues.

Although I have not seen the unit "in action", the guy claims that apart from a non spinning platter, every other function on the deck works fine...

The 8000 is a tangential drive turntable (so it can't be a slipped off belt!!) so what problem could cause this odd phenomenon, and how fixable can it be?

I'm sure some of your fine minds can figure out what this may be, as I'm befuddled as to how this occurs, considering the construction of the tangential drive unit. or could it be some other electrical problem (blown caps etc?)...

• 09-20-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 8000 - no spin!

Do a little search and you'll find a lot more info.
    The faults are pretty much the same in 90% of the cases.
    Caps, tachodisc and solderjoints count for the majority.

Martin

• 09-21-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• Sam
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-24-2010
    • Rugby, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Gold Member

Re: Beogram 8000 - no spin!

Thanks Martin,

Once I'd done a search within "beogram", i did find a similar thread.

Apart from the usual suspects (solder, caps, tacho) I think this may be the nylon bearing insert problem, as the guy clearly hasn't removed the platter before moving it. and there was a record on there in his picture, so this probably added to the problem during its transport. (he apparently moved it across the country, and after that its never worked since).

Diagnosis without inspection though, so could be something different. I think I'm gonna risk it though, and make him an offer.

Although, the needle thats with it is a black MMC 20 S ? I thought the CL, contact line cartridge was standard with this model - not the base model stylus!

Looks like I'll be on a stylus hunt as well!!

Another project to add to the mounting list!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)