in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-21-2010 4:17 PM by scanorama99. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2010 11:00 AM

Beovision-4 dvi resolution problem

My tv is woring fine when watching regualar tv. But when I use the installed dvi-port on the screen with a mac mini there is a flickering bar / vertical line in the left side of the screen. Other than that the picture is fine. 

When changing resolution the flickering disappears on some resolutions:

1366x768 flickering

1344x756 flickering

1280x720 flickering

1024x768 works without flickering but the picture is stretched

1024x576 flickering

800x600(stretched mode) flickering

800x600 flickering on right side of the screen

640 x 480 flickering

The strange thing is that when I connect my macbook to the same cord and the same mini-dvi-to-dvi-adapter that the mac mini uses there is no flickering at all no matter what resolution I pick.

When I connect another mac mini or apple tv the flickering is back.

Seems like mac mini´s graphics card is not compatible or is sending out some strange frequency that disturbs the screen... ?

Any other people that have used the same setup ?

• 09-20-2010 1:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision-4 dvi resolution problem

don't know if it works or not but it's no harm . try switch everything off , switch on mac mini first , then switch on TV . when i first start my apple tv , similar problem occurs .

• 09-20-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

I did that, and still the left flickering bar is appearing. The funny thing is that it dont appear until the login screen shows up. 

Anyway, it dissapeared for some reason randomly a while ago so I am sure it will be handled soon.

anyway, please look at my other thread, the no-sound issue is really bugging me

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/35513/294652.aspx#294652

• 09-21-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

Still having this weird problem

When I boot up the mac mini I see the grey screen and the apple logo without any problem.

When I enter the blue screen and later login, there is a artifact on the left side of the screen about 5-10 pixels wide which is changing colours rapidly on each pixel / line

I think I can rule out any kind of interference since it works on some resolutions.

It seems to be related to aspect ratio since 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 works but all other which is not 4:3 is giving the artifact.

Is there some kind of setting I can change, maybe in the screen settings for beovision-4?

If there is a similar setting / program on the mac mini help is really appreciated 

Since it oddly dont appear on when connecting the macbook to the beovision screen I am really scratching my head here...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)