in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-21-2010 7:15 AM by beocool. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2010 2:58 AM

Bang & Olufsen and BMW

When I visited Bang & Olufsen in Struer last June I was told B&O would have a 4th automotive partner before the end of the year. From a different source I've heard that it will be BMW. can anyone confirm this?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-19-2010 3:41 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

Re: Bang & Olufsen and BMW

yep the new BMW 6 coupe is the new lucky one :)

TT

• 09-19-2010 3:47 AM In reply to

Thanks, Tomaz Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-19-2010 3:47 AM In reply to

Thanks, Tomaz Yes -  thumbs up

• 09-19-2010 6:27 AM In reply to

Found an interior shot of the 6 series concept which will be shown on the Paris Motor Show. There's an acoustic lens in the center of the dashboard.

• 09-19-2010 6:29 AM In reply to

And another picture...

• 09-19-2010 7:57 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I remember when they announced the 4th maker during the SLS release. Had a strong feeling it would be BMW.

Evan

• 09-19-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Suprised that a partnership between B&O and BMW has not happened sooner than this. After all, they did use BMW paint colours for the Avant's.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 09-19-2010 9:13 AM In reply to

This is excellent news! Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-19-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

Craig:

Suprised that a partnership between B&O and BMW has not happened sooner than this. After all, they did use BMW paint colours for the Avant's.

CraigSmile

Not sure, but if I'm informed correctly BMW had the policy that no other brand names should be visible inside the car... Good to hear they've changed this. Yes -  thumbs up

• 09-19-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I hope that B&O moves through to all the BMWs. 3 series mostly, B&O for the masses!

That center looks like its a multiple driver, there is some grill work on the top.

Evan

• 09-19-2010 10:52 AM In reply to

Totally agree. Superb car manufacturer. I'm sure B&O will find it's way into the rest of the range, although I must say the HARMON KARDON 10 speaker system in my MINI Cooper is absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! It puts my B&O Century to shame lol! Looking forward to B&O's new iPod dock!!!

• 09-19-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

beocool:

Craig:

CraigSmile

Not sure, but if I'm informed correctly BMW had the policy that no other brand names should be visible inside the car... Good to hear they've changed this. Yes -  thumbs up

This was my understanding. I've heard it discussed on car forums relating to other components of the vehicle and it was actually reinforced on a previous visit to Struer when I asked about it (standing next to pallets of BMW parts that we manufacture!)

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-19-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

b&o has the world best aluminum (surface) treatment facility.. for bmw they're also delivering door sill panels (X3) , Idrive Control (X5,X6) and the alu- shift paddles for automatic  Bmw's

TT

• 09-19-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

I hope the new Mercedes CLS will have a B&O option too!

• 09-20-2010 1:51 AM In reply to

BMW and B&O that is fabulous news. 6-series has same technical platform as the 5-series........ keep on dreaming!

THANKS for the pictures.

• 09-20-2010 2:36 AM In reply to

Some of the specs I found:

• There are two bass speakers, seven mid-range speakers and seven tweeters all with their own amplifier;
    • the speaker on the center of the dashboard is a mid-range speaker which pops up to reveal the acoustic lens;
    • neodymium magnet drives which combine very high performance with low weight are used;
    • the mid-range speakers also feature extremely stiff yet extremely lightweight Hexacone diaphragms;
    • the exceptional sound quality is due not only to vehicle-specific placement of high-quality speakers in the interior but also to innovative amplifier technology. Digital signal processing allows the signals to each speaker to be individually controlled. This technology compensates for any sound reflections inside the vehicle by means of appropriate signal modifications. The Bang & Olufsen Surround Sound System uses Dirac DimensionsTM technology to recreate the acoustics of a given "reference" listening environment in the passenger compartment. This prevents the inevitable closeness of vehicle passengers to the speakers from affecting the sound experience. Also, all vehicle occupants enjoy identical sound quality wherever they happen to be sitting. The signals are precisely tuned to give the impression that the speakers are actually outside the vehicle.

• 09-20-2010 2:55 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

beocool:

In my 2003 320d E46, the Harman-Kardon logo is visible on the speaker grilles, so it is not totally a new thing :) BTW, this HK system with its 10 channel amp sounds fantastic :)

• 09-20-2010 3:53 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oooh, that looks really nice.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-20-2010 7:47 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

That was the case.

It was only a matter of time. Some of the folk in Munich can be slightly sleepy.

• 09-20-2010 12:55 PM In reply to

• 09-21-2010 5:24 AM In reply to

• flx
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-08-2009
    • Belgium (Tienen area)
    • Posts 25
    • Gold Member

• 09-21-2010 7:15 AM In reply to

flx:

You can have B&O in a Mercedes Benz, but only in AMG version. Right now there are only two models available with the B&O option: SLS AMG and S-class AMG. Not sure if the CLS will get the same treatment in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)