in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-06-2010 5:18 PM by ifmusicbe. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2010 5:15 PM

BEOSOUND 3

Hey guys,

My beosound 3 has started switching itself on at random times night and day, driving me crazy now control panel on top doesnt react when touched. I stripped the bottom off it and disconnected the battery hoping it would magically reset itself but to no avail anyone any ideas apart from kicking it out the window???

Cheers

• 09-17-2010 6:37 PM In reply to

Re: BEOSOUND 3

Hi Davy,

Mine's the same:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35465.aspx

Consensus is it's a known manufacturing fault, and your dealer should repair free of charge - I'll be printing the thread out and taking into my dealer - I'll let you know how I get on if you don't beat me to it.

Cheers,

Nick

BV7-40 Blu-Ray, BL8000 MKII's, BL3's, BL2, BL7-4, BC2, BC6-26, BS3

• 09-18-2010 12:32 AM In reply to

This little guy is in a production stop right now. If I were you I'd establish the fault with your dealer, but I'm not sure they've got the right fix locked down yet. If this thread is still around I'll note when I hear of something. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 09-18-2010 12:54 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

It's nearly 1 o'clock Saturday morning Trip. What the heck are you doing here? Oh, wait....

-Michael

• 09-21-2010 4:19 PM In reply to

Reported fault to dealer got the usual arrogant reply its out of warranty, not aware of any production faults blah blah blah. However have spoke to a B& O installer and he is aware there is a problem and will contact  Struar to see whats going on will keep trying thanks for help everyone

• 09-21-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

Yeah they've put a stop on production and to date they haven't resolved the fault yet.

I work for BnO and feel your frustrations over known faults that they wont warranty.

I compare it to a car and if they find a fault 6 years down the line they send a letter out and then replace free of charge, now I know BnO arent as big and dont have the resources as some car makers, but in a world where the competition is gettin harder and products out there are lookin and offering more then BnO then you'd think they'd do these things to keeps customers happy.

regards

• 09-26-2010 2:45 AM In reply to

• ifmusicbe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Lomme 59160 France
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Just a little note as my Beosound 3 bought in Mouscron, Belgium in 2008 with a 5year warranty is being now serviced for the second time for the same reasons. Will keep the site informed of the turning out of the issue with my dealer, a very nice person by the way.

It will be interesting to see how Struer will manage to  find a solution to this known problem as well as to honour a 5 year warranty .

I must say that experience has the consequence of calming down  my wish to replace both my 14 year old MX4000 and Beosound Century.

Regards

If music be the food of love, play on;Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die. W. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night , 1602

• 09-26-2010 2:54 AM In reply to

I nearly bought a BS3 but as it was to go in a shower room, I decided to buy a Pure Oasis instead - this was a few years ago. If it is any consolation, the Oasis is a complete pain as the battery life has gone down to a level where I have to charge it every week - it is on for about 15 minutes a day. It also sometimes loses all charge and then loses the ability to remember stations and can take the said 15 minutes trying to tune itself!

I should have got a Beolit 700!

• 10-05-2010 5:15 PM In reply to

• ifmusicbe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Lomme 59160 France
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

The 2- year old little guy is back from Ghent ( Belgium) B&O after-sales service and seems fit  to perform its duty again in the bathroom , in the garage and the garden shed . The repair was done  free of charge under warranty . Always amazed by the quality of the sd recordings, and the simplicity of use of the top plate controls.

Regards

If music be the food of love, play on;Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die. W. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night , 1602

• 10-06-2010 3:00 PM In reply to

quick update for u,

the quality team has presented an alternative redesign and the alternative will now be developed for prototyping and testing.
    The redesign of the sensor is on track.

• 10-06-2010 5:18 PM In reply to

• ifmusicbe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Lomme 59160 France
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Good news spreads fast!

Thanks for letting us know about the attempts developped by Struer in order to solve real issues. French and Belgian dealers aren't very talkative on the subject. Beoworld en Français  aren't either.

Will keep the site informed about the evolution of the shape of the little guy.

Yours sincerely,

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)