in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-14-2010 3:48 PM by Leslie. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2010 5:14 PM

A8 fakes?

I still can't find out which is an original/genuine B&O or fake A8.

In some Ebay offers a black box is part of the package. I've heard that the original does not have this black box included.

Few months ago I bought a Earset 3 on Ebay by this seller! The earset and black leather case looks original to me and it sounds great!

Now I want to buy a white pair of A8's also by this same seller. Can somebody verify if this is genuine or fake. The pictures a very detailed.

Thanks! Leslie

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-12-2010 6:04 AM In reply to

Re: A8 fakes?

The only way to know if you are getting genuine B&O A8's is to purchase from a B&O dealer.Those are very convincing ones, real or fake.

Used to be that you could recognise the fakes without to much trouble, but its getting harder and harder, and who is to say that the seller has taken pictures of genuine ones, and will send you fake ones anyway?

• 09-12-2010 6:15 AM In reply to

"Brand new without retail box" - why?

Price one third of retail - why?

-mika

• 09-12-2010 5:33 PM In reply to

casdave:
    and who is to say that the seller has taken pictures of genuine ones, and will send you fake ones anyway?

If that happens, then I will return and will claim my money back.

Question still remains, how can you recognize the difference. There must be some details where you can see which is what.

Have seen the youtube video but some things I've seen are not correct.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-12-2010 5:41 PM In reply to

tournedos:

"Brand new without retail box" - why?

Price one third of retail - why?

Okay dadWink, one third of retail could be possible if I have to deal with a private seller, so still leaves the question, what details should I look at to know what's fake or genuine?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-12-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Okay dadWink, one third of retail could be possible if I have to deal with a private seller, so still leaves the question, what details should I look at to know what's fake or genuine?

Beats me, I've never even listened to A8's, fake or not Laughing

But really, why would anyone sell genuine ones constantly at that BIN price when they would probably get higher in a regular auction? Where is the box? How could anyone come into possession of lots of genuine A8's without boxes, and still make a profit selling them at that price? Just according to general life experience, I'd walk past those and go to the dealer...

-mika

• 09-13-2010 12:50 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Cost is fairly cheap in any case from the B&O dealers, therefore buying A8s at such prices, seem to be made in China! Waste of money and if you are not experienced in the sound of A8 they will sound very good. I'm not so I guess I would be probably satisfied. But what you pay is what you get.

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-13-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

Still my question leaves unanswered, looks like nobody can tell/see the difference.

If I gave one of you the fake one and the genuine one, could you tellWhistle, better could you hear?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-14-2010 6:14 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

You can tell from the sound for sure. And of coursde from the price.

Best regards

Spiros

• 09-14-2010 6:52 AM In reply to

Leslie:

Still my question leaves unanswered, looks like nobody can tell/see the difference.

If I gave one of you the fake one and the genuine one, could you tellWhistle, better could you hear?

There is simply no way to be 100% certain prior to purchase if you are not buying through official channels. 

I really cannot see a circumstance under which B&O would be providing an independent ebay seller with apparently unlimited quantities of A8 earphones at a fraction of the price that they change hands for through dealers. There is simply no reason they would do that so I would draw my own conclusions and steer well clear. If you do want fakes they can be had for much less!

Simon

• 09-14-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

I'm not talking about Ebay "professional" sellers now but private sellers like you and me who just want to sell, in this case his A8, no matter what the auction ending price will be (could be high or low). Again, and it seems like nobody knows, how can you see the difference (details)? Or is my English so badHuh?

Just want to buy an A8 through Ebay from a private seller (for the lowest price) and do not want to spend a high price new from a B&O dealer

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-14-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Leslie:

Again, and it seems like nobody knows, how can you see the difference (details)? Or is my English so badHuh? 

Just want to buy an A8 through Ebay from a private seller (for the lowest price) and do not want to spend a high price new from a B&O dealer

Nobody can tell you the difference these days as the copies are extremely well disguised. It used to be very apparent just by looking but it seems the only way to tell nowadays would be to line them up next to a genuine pair and do a sound test. There used to be a difference in the flexibility of the ear fitments - ie:- the fakes didn't flex at all so ask the seller for some photo's of these extended. If they don't extend then they are definately fake. If they do extend it is still no guarantee they are genuine as they may have also reproduced this part better.

I cannot think for one minute that a private individual has access to brand new A8's to sell in bulk - unless they work at the factory & nick them.

I wouldn't buy ANY A8's from ebay and expect them to be genuine. As Simon has already pointed out you can get them far cheaper than this.

BTW - isn't this guy a PROFESSIONAL seller? The dealer price isn't particularly high considering you will get a good warranty with them.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-14-2010 3:48 PM In reply to

Thanks Chris.

The thread that you placed regarding "A8's fakes and real" made me confused.

This guy is talking about comparison between fakes and real but comes with a conclusion that isn't right, like the Y splitting lead that should be fake (which is not) I thinkHmm!

Or is this guy also reviewing a fake one (check the Y lead)?

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)