in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-12-2010 8:21 AM by simsim. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2010 10:26 AM

• simsim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-22-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Frequency response charts for Beolab 3 (free, corner, wall)?

Hello again!

My new subwoofer is on its way to my home and I've been thinking about the setup... does anyone have frequency response charts for the Lab3s for the three filter switch settings? (I would do the measuring myself... but got no usable mic [but an excellent analyser, though ;-) ])

If you know somebody who has them or where to find them, I'd be very happy to hear from you! Even just the filter cutoff-points and steepness of the slope would be appreciated! :-)

TIA,

Simon

• 09-10-2010 11:35 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Frequency response charts for Beolab 3 (free, corner, wall)?

I'd be surprised if they were available anywhere, and I'd personally do it by ear if anything - you'll find the crossover slopes become a little bit meaningless when there's any significant phase difference between the tops (BeoLab 3s) and sub. You can also use an 'incorrectly set-up' crossover slope to your advantage if you're having phase issues around the crossover point (a common issue).

Out of interest, which subwoofer have you ordered?

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-11-2010 1:57 AM In reply to

hello,

With my Beolab 3, I have Beolab 11 with a beosound 4 and it works very well.

Have a good day.

Mon système:Beosound 4, Beolab 3, Beolab 11

• 09-12-2010 8:21 AM In reply to

• simsim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-22-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Ok, I planned to set up the system by ear anyway. I just would have used it as a starting point, so to speak.

The Lab3s will be playing along an ADAM Audio Sub 10 Mk2, which is a 200W ICEpowered, 10 inch monitoring sub with balanced input from a RME HDSP/Multiface II.

Thanks, ;-)

Simon (who is looking for his ECM Jazz reference CDs, Trentemoeller's "The last resort" and some organ recordings for burn-in and setup Smile )

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)