in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2010 4:00 AM by vo0do0uk. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2010 10:50 AM

BeoLab 6000

Hello all, new poster here!

I've recently bought a pair of BeoLab 6000's but unfortunatly they came with no cables.

I'm planning to connect via the jack/phono route to my samsung TV, and been advised i need the following type of cable:

http://www.qed.co.uk/98/gb/product/performance/audio_j2p.htm

My query is how to connect it all, there is one phono on the bottom of each speaker, but the connection on the cable wouldn't stretch to both speakers.

Any assistance greatly appricated, they are just sat next to my tv looking very pretty but serving no purpose!!

Thanks,

Ben

• 09-09-2010 11:45 AM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-06-2009
    • Dubai, UAE
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoLab 6000

Hi,

Believe me, they sound as good as they look!

I've only connected to B&O kit, but you can definitely connect to non-B&O using the phono jack. Unless I'm mistaken (and there are far more experienced users of this forum than myself), you need to connect left channel from the audio source to one Beolab 6000 and right channel to the other. Do you have red and white, L & R, "audio-out" phono sockets on the rear of your TV? If so, you just need a straight-through male-to-male phono cable for each speaker, one off to the left and the other to the right. A 'Y' cable like you show is for splitting the same signal whereas you want left/right stereo channels.

BL 6000s are active (have built in amps) so need to be plugged into the mains to be powered, but most importantly there's a small switch on the base of each speaker with L•R•LINE. You must slide the switch to LINE. 

As I said, I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do.

Rob

• 09-09-2010 12:14 PM In reply to

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply!

I don't belive i have the Red/White audio out from my TV, so have been advised to use the jack plug (one for headphones) - so need a cable like the linked one that plugs in, and then splits white to left and red to right (or other way round?) and then set both speakers to LINE as you add.

Just got to find a cable like the attached, but one that splits into two cables and will stretch to both speakers. A lot appear to come with not much free cable at the end where the Y splits.

Unless i missed anything?

Cheers

Ben

• 09-09-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-06-2009
    • Dubai, UAE
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

Hi Ben,

In that case, using the cable you've posted the link to, you just need to extend the L & R male phono plugs using 2 no. female-male phono leads (3M, 5M etc.) , so you're extending each leg of the 'Y' to reach the Beolab 6000s.

If you see what I mean.

Of course, it goes without saying that you should use the best gold-plated and shielded cables your budget can stretch to - your Beolab 6000's deserve the best!

Regards,

Rob

• 09-09-2010 12:55 PM In reply to

Maybe THIS would help??

-Dimitris

• 09-09-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-06-2009
    • Dubai, UAE
    • Posts 20
    • Gold Member

Dimitris,

That's good for splitting one channel, i.e. ONE signal to 2 no. left speakers or to 2 no right speakers, but if he's going from the headphone mini-jack stereo socket (2 channels) he effectively needs this: http://www.imemoryou.com/08/080116.html, and then two of these http://www.sencore.com/parts/81/177, one to each BL 6000.

Rob

• 09-10-2010 4:00 AM In reply to

Hi Both,

Thanks for the feedback, so its best to go with a mini jack socket and the two cables, over the Y cable and two extention cables?

Or are both option almost the same anyway?

Just need to find a UK supplier now!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)