in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-06-2010 5:51 AM by kai. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2010 7:54 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 3 (protected source)

Hi

I have asked this before, but no response, my problem is with first generation Beosystem3, and mac mini and sky hd evrything was working ok, but i noticed the customer did not have sky hd plugged in via HDMI, I plugged it in, but now we seem to get the problem where once the Beosystem 3 is switched of to standby, at night and then swithced on again in the morning it comes up saying source is protected, this is now happening with macmini as well, i have switched sky back to scart, and we know longer get problem on sky but mac still suffers problem. has anbody experienced this on Beosytem 3, it seems to be the unit have tested mac on another non Bang & olufsen tv and it is fine.Software was updated about 3 months ago has this got any bearing on it??

• 09-06-2010 12:00 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosystem 3 (protected source)

The HDMI software in many cases looks for a TV with speakers. The Beosystem 3 with a screen and speakers does not meet the software requirement in many cases. I have had the same problem with a Sony blue ray player. No solution except to use component cables when this happens.

• 09-06-2010 5:51 AM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosystem 3 (protected source)

I find that strange all the new sky hd boxes have hdmi scart and composite no component anymorre, i haved not had any issues with any other beosystem 3's, new or old

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)