in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2010 7:01 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2010 1:15 AM

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Is B&O the same specification the world over?

Hi, 

I was looking further in to a BV8-40 and in the manual it shows:

> 2 x HDMI

> 3 x SCART

> 1 x VGA

> Powerlink, Masterlink, (RF  Out, DVB, and Aerial - all of which look coaxial cable connections)

> Smartcard

It got me thinking, is this the same specification the world over?  Or does it vary from country to country?  

Scart has zero relevance to me (it's ancient and it's such a huge size connector which you could fit more HDMI's instead or at least component) and

what is the smartcard used for?  Could I potentially plug in my foxtel card and it would work without the foxtel box?  

VGA has zero relevance to me as well, if i wanted to plug in a computer, I would rather DVI (i appreciate that you can get a HDMI converter) or if i was going to plug a computer into a TV, i probably wouldn't (most now have HDMI now anyway)

Does anyone know if it looks like B&O will update this television to have at least 3 HDMI's?  For me that is the minimum number I would need.  And is the panel 100Hz at the moment?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

• 09-05-2010 6:41 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is B&O the same specification the world over?

I always think the Scart cables and the co-ax aerial inputs are not modern or what you'd use if you connected a new device but they're nethertheless valueable.  If you want to connect an older game system or you pick up a classic piece of kit and want to connect it, you realise that modern digital inputs can't do everything.

Years ago I did an electronics project where I split a TV signal in two and did a low level broadcast to a second television (each with half the signal cropped) so that a friend and I could play deathmatches without seeing where the other person was.  With a coax cable it was easy and I could still drag it out of a drawer and use it today, if I had a second TV (and a penchant or the time for Nintendo)

• 09-05-2010 7:01 AM In reply to

Re: Is B&O the same specification the world over?

The US model of the BV8-40 seems to have three HDMI sockets - unusually for a set sold in the US, it does still have SCART sockets though.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)