in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2011 4:04 AM by erandlux. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2010 3:15 PM

How to activate MOTS

I thought that MOTS started as soon as I started playing a song, but the BS5 goes to pause after the song is finished. I`ve also tried pressing the MOTS button on Beo4 with the same result.

Any help will be appreciated :)

See hear feel B&O.

• 08-29-2010 10:17 PM In reply to

Re: How to activate MOTS

If you've just loaded the music it may take a little while for the MOTS algorithm to integrate it. 

The MOTS button doesn't turn MOTS on it just restarts the MOTS playlist based on the song you're listening to. It's like the "thumbs up" button in Pandora.  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-31-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

If you upload a single track from an album, please beware the significance of where you "start" the song from: If you select the album (cover) as a starting point, the BS5 will assume that you would like to listen to that album and play all the tracks (or just the one track if you buy single tracks) - if you open the album and select a track, a MOTS list will be created and MOTS will run.

But here the most likely cause is as pointed out by Trip - the system will need some time to analyze the DNA of the song. Please have a look at the blue bar next to it on the BS5 display.

Roger

• 09-08-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

I`ve had my system uppgraded with new music from Beoconnect-Itunes for two weeks now, and when select a song from "titles" it still goes to pause after the song is finished. Does the system have to be on for a couple of days so that the BM5 can DNA my songs?

Christer

See hear feel B&O.

• 09-28-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

Can someone tell me how long it will take to analyze the songs? I've the besound 5 encore 235 albums encoded in flac.

on the screen I see MOTS suspended.

thanks !

• 09-28-2011 12:31 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I think I read somewhere the MOTS analysis takes a few minutes per song. 235 * 10 songs/album * 5 min/song = ~ a week (give or take a couple days) ...

Also, MOTS doesn't work for songs > ~20 minutes.

I don't know what "MOTS suspended" means...

Stan

• 09-28-2011 1:37 PM In reply to

Thanks stan !

I will wait 1 week ;-)

• 09-28-2011 3:09 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Setting "DISABLE MOTS" in the menu "SERVICE SETTINGS" to "YES" disables MOTS and  "NO" enables MOTS .

Other language versions of the same menu might be even more misleading -  
    e.g. the german version of this menu is "MOTS DEAKTIVIEREN" and "EIN"(ON).  

• 09-29-2011 3:52 PM In reply to

MOTS begins to work tonight !

But he takes all the songs from the same album Hmm ( QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1)

In the queud list, i see after the album of queen, lots of other songs & artists !

Give you my feedback tomorrow

• 09-29-2011 5:59 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

When you select the album (either by picture or name), rather than a single song, it plays the entire album, then goes into MOTS.

Stan

• 09-30-2011 4:04 AM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

For flac files, it is much longer.

I waited 4 days and nights for 32 Gb and 1700 flac track.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)