in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-29-2010 1:47 PM by svendsenstefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2010 10:37 AM

Controlling WD TV Live with Beo5

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a BV10-46 with Beo5 remote and have been experimenting with the configuration tool (3.87). So far I've managed to setup the remote pretty much as I like it, but I just can't get the Beo5 to control my Western Digital box, the soft keys don't seem to do anything when I press them.

I think the Beo5 should be able to emulate the original WD remote. Another possibility is to connect an IR-cable to one of the PUC-connectors on my TV but that would require that the WD box was available in the list of supported devices in the TV, which it isn't. Is this correct so far?

I'm new to all this Beo5/PUC stuff so I'm not entirely sure I got even the basics all sorted out yet.

I have searched the forum for posts regarding the WD TV and found one with a link to an XML file but the link is dead now. I don't know if that XML file is different to what is provided in the 3.87 version of the configuration tool.

One thing that bugs me is that when I right-click the WD TV soft keys to open the properties window, the keys seem to have no function at all, there are no commands shown on the IR page. When I press the key in the emulator window it does send commands, though. E.g. the "EJECT" button sends a "0:000:TV:CNTL_4" command. I think this problem is a general problem with the software because I's seen it in other situations when playing with the layout of the remote.

I'll try to attach my XML configuration file, hope it's not too overwhelming, maybe someone can see what's wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan

• 08-29-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

Re: Controlling WD TV Live with Beo5

Stefan,

A Very Warm Welcome to Beoworld and your first posting..

I suggest you try the Western Digital XML I previously produced HERE

Regards Keith....

• 08-29-2010 11:49 AM In reply to

The XML in the previous posting is for DIRECT control of the Western Digital unit, NOT via the PUC

Regards Keith....

• 08-29-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

Keith... YOU'RE THE MAN! :-)

That was exactly the file I was looking for after reading the other thread, I just couldn't find any valid links.

Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)