in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2010 5:39 PM by HVD. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2010 3:42 PM

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Red lamp often blink. Cable problems?

I have for some time experienced that the red lamp on BS5 sometimes is blinking while system is in standby. After a while it often stops again. I have a non B&O about 60 cm extension on my 4.5m B&O USB from BS5 to BM5. I thing this might be the problem since it is was not there before I had to put the extension on due to moving of system.

Anybody experience the same or tried extending the USB cable? B&O product or not? Any experience with problems having extensions on any of the cables?

I also have extended my HDMI cable with non B&O product without any problems.

Note: I love the system and I often wounder why some don't? Some improvements whould be nice, but what the ..... Just my opinion.

Henrik

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

• 08-26-2010 3:29 AM In reply to

Re: Red lamp often blink. Cable problems?

Hi Henrik,

I had exactly the same problem, I extended my USB last year by just a metre, and the red lamp would start blinking. It took me ages to find out that was the problem!

You need to use a powered USB extention lead even for such a small distance.

Best wishes,

Paul

• 08-28-2010 5:39 PM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Re: Red lamp often blink. Cable problems?

Thx. That sorted the problem. I tried all different USB extension with no luck, but the powered extension was the answer.

Thx a lot Paul

Henrik

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)