in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-10-2010 9:28 AM by lausvi. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2010 5:44 AM

• MartinM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Beolink 5000 No Contact fix

I recently aquired a Beolink 5000 in very good cosmetic condition. However, the two way function would not work. Was consistently getting "No Contact" showing in the display. Having disassembled the remote it became very apparent that it was suffering the same fate as the Beolink 7000's do ie. The SMD capacitors have leaked onto the pcb. The photo below shows the lower board in its orginal state.

The three SMD caps were removed as well as the four miniature eletrolytics. The board was then cleaned with Isopropyl alcohol and the caps replaced with equivalent value Tantalum capacitors. This is the restored board:

The remote now works perfectly.

Disassembling and reassembling the remote is a rather fiddly job not to mention the removal of the SMD caps. Anyone wanting more info on the cap replacent just let me know.

Filed under:
  • 08-25-2010 9:31 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Beolink 5000 No Contact fix

Great job & thanks for sharing. I've not had one apart for quite some time but do remember how so very fragile the display connection to the other PCB was. I spent many an hour trying to get all the pixels backErm

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 12-10-2010 8:00 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Hello Martin what value did you use for the tantal ones?

• 12-10-2010 9:28 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Stonk:
     do remember how so very fragile the display connection to the other PCB was. 

I know this has been up before; is there any chance of fixing a broken display/connection cable? People here seem to be able fix almost everything, why couldn't somebody come up with something on this case? Confused

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)