in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 7:14 PM by Dragos. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2010 7:14 PM

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Faulty MCL2A box and transceivers

Hi, everyone

Only found out about B&O 2 years ago and have been hooked ever since! Wired up the downstairs with MCL and even refurbished a pair of RL45s. Really loving the stuff!

Now to my problem: I bought a job lot a while back on e-bay consisting of 3 MCL2A relay boxes, 2 transceivers and an expander box. I've finally got round to testing the lot and unfortunately 1 relay box and both transceivers (type 2045) don't seem to be working... I tested them by connecting each to / instead of one of my working MCL2A relay boxes + transceiver. To be fair, the seller did say 'sold as seen, untested', so I can't fault him for that.

I have bee really excited about finishing my sound project and I must confess I thought I'd got a bit of a bargain at the time (MCL2A+transceivers seem to be less and less easy to find and when they appear on e-bay, most are around £100, which I can't afford - I need 3 pairs + speakers, too).

Is there anything I could do to check whether the faulty relay box and 2 transceivers still have some life in them or are they destined for the bin and me for e-bay waiting for their siblings to make an appearance?

Thanks a lot for all your help! Much appreciated!

Dragos

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)