in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2010 12:17 PM by tournedos. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2010 12:12 PM

New B&O Mobile Phone Partner: Lumigon T1 Smartphone

B&O will supply ICEpower chips for the new Danish Lumigon phone (Android based.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-24-2010 1:42 PM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Re: New B&O Mobile Phone Partner: Lumigon T1 Smartphone

I really do not understand why B&O is still trying to get to grips in the mobile phone market. They should better utilize their resources within the TV/Hifi world instead of wasting it into mobile phones where others are far ahead and the competition is fierce.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 08-24-2010 2:05 PM In reply to

They aren't - they're just selling ICEpower amps to one.

-mika

• 08-24-2010 4:07 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

So is all business between B&O and Samsung mobile done for? I remember google shopping "ice power" and getting almost nothing but cell phone hits. No matter what it was it said Samsung on it Laughing

Evan

• 08-25-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Marc:
    I really do not understand why B&O is still trying to get to grips in the mobile phone market

Isn't it because phones are such a lucrative market?  And people who purchase hi end equipment such as B&O want to have a high end phone that's exclusive?  Or a halo model for people that aren't in this category to aspire to and be a feeder product for other sales?

• 08-25-2010 6:46 AM In reply to

By the way, did you notice that the Serene is gone from the official B&O website?

Looks like there are no more B&O cell phones now..only the handsfree kits..for non B&O phones! Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-25-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

>>And people who purchase hi end equipment such as B&O want to have a high end phone that's exclusive? <<

Obviously not since Serene and Serenata didn't sell. I think this will be a very tough market between Apple, Google, RIM and whoever else is there. Vertu is covering the premium market.

Ice Power is just another B&O unit like they also sell medical devices.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-25-2010 5:44 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

jk1002:
    Obviously not since Serene and Serenata didn't sell.

Maybe because one looked like a makeup case and not very technically competitive

• 08-27-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Michael:

Maybe because one looked like a makeup case and not very technically competitive

I like my make up case, thank you very much! Laughing

Evan

• 10-23-2010 2:46 PM In reply to

The Lumigon is late but about to arrive.

Claims to be a universal remote too.

PC World say it will be abouy 500 euros plus taxes, so may be £500-£550 inc in the UK.  At those sort of prices it's going to have to be good to go against the latest unlocked  iPhones. I suspect they have an uphill task, although many on this forum will be attracted by the ICEpower and good looks.

Graham

• 10-23-2010 4:01 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: New B

It seems quite nice and with Android froyo could be very handful.

Still I use my iPhone, especially now with the Beoworld App, but I would go for this as a second phone!!

Interesting design.....

Best regards

Spiros

• 10-23-2010 6:30 PM In reply to

I would suspect that Vertu has suffered as much as anyone from the iPhone and the competitors that have sprung up. The cool factor is too much to contend with. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 10-24-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

I would suspect that Vertu has suffered as much as anyone from the iPhone and the competitors that have sprung up. The cool factor is too much to contend with. 

Vertu seem to have the most user unfriendly website imaginable: difficult to navigate and difficult to actually see the content of some pages.

I think that their offering (judging by their website and prices) really does illustrate how a company can miss the good aesthetics/ design link and think that they can sell design by comparing a phone with a high powered car Hmm and charging a very high price. Would Apple or B&O produce such a design? (Any Vertu owners on this forum with a counter argument?)

Graham

• 10-24-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

Vertu is designed to be the ultimate luxury item among mobile phones, short of some fool covering any random phone with even more gold and diamonds. It needs to be expensive to be a credible attempt at that. (It's a Nokia subsidiary in case somebody didn't already know).

As to iPhones, I think the coolness is wearing out at the same pace they become a common item, and it may even be too late over here. None of my local friends (except Andreas of course Big Smile ) nor relatives have one. Last week we had one of our regularly irregular drink... erm business planning meetings at a bar, and there were three Nokia N8's on the table - and it has been available for two weeks or so.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)