in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 4:34 AM by Dude1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2010 8:24 PM

• splud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-11-2008
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 42
    • Bronze Member

Hints on cleaning BV7-40 MkIV glossy screen

Hi guys,

Yesterday my wife decided that we would spend the day cleaning!!! So I opted to do the TV...bad mistake! It toke me at least 30mins trying every cleaning potion that claimed it was ANTI-Streak!! How wrong are they? In the end i just used a tiny bit of water and a rag with lots of elbow grease.

Please, Please there must be a secret way of cleaning the glossy anti glare (but picks up every tiny piece of dust) screen?? What do the Pro's use??

Thanks

TC

• 08-23-2010 8:37 PM In reply to

Re: Hints on cleaning BV7-40 MkIV glossy screen

hi splud try using a microfibre cloth  i wouldn't advise using anything wet as it will leave streaks or blemishes and can at worse remove the coating from the contrast screen.

i myself use a duster which is made by pledge i think that it is a god send for keeping my lcd and other electronics dust free.

it comes as a fuffly mirco fibre duster with a supplied extendible handle and it works like a charm at removing dust, the dusters last for a period of two weeks before needing replacing and you can also get packs of the mirco fibre dusters seprately from the supermarket.

they tend to be in the household cleaning department i hope i have managed to help you a little bit.

• 08-24-2010 2:03 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

splud:

Hi guys,

Yesterday my wife decided that we would spend the day cleaning!!! So I opted to do the TV...bad mistake! It toke me at least 30mins trying every cleaning potion that claimed it was ANTI-Streak!! How wrong are they? In the end i just used a tiny bit of water and a rag with lots of elbow grease.

Yep, you're right. Weirdly though, the MKIII screen was easy to clean. The MKIV is impossible. I tried my usual cleaning methods, a microfibre cloth etc, but it just moves the grease around the screen!

It's actually "cleaner" leaving it alone, I've found.

• 08-24-2010 2:05 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

markiedee:

i myself use a duster...

This is only good if your MKIV is in a fairly clean, non-kitchen environment and all you wan to do is remove dust. If it gets greasy, which happens in a kitchen, you're stuffed. See above.

• 08-24-2010 2:43 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

on a 32 use a Lakeland product designed for lcd screens - this is uk based - consists of an aerosol and a microfibre cloth, it takes about 5 mins max but leaves the screen perfect - my 32 is in oan open plan living area ie kitchen/dining/lounge with wood burning stove so is open to all  environments!

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 08-24-2010 4:34 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Hi there

The anti-reflex coating has changed from older versions, due mainly to ROHS regulations. The glass is now treated with a chemical, rather than using a lead treatment system.

This makes the screens slightly less durable - so don't go rubbing in the same spot for too long as there is a very real chance you could erode the coating.

The best idea to clean the screen is just using warm water and a NEW chamois cloth. Moisten the chamois and wring nearly dry, then 'wash the screen' (you will notice it will appear to smear), then wring the chamois dry and dry the screen.

But beware, it does take some time and effort. Be patient as it's worth it. To maintain the screen from dust etc, use a fine weaved microfibre cloth

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)