in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 6:54 AM by takktakk. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2010 9:31 AM

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

any feedback about bluray player from beovision 7?

is it a samsung?

picture quality?

time at launch?

thanks

never explain never complain

• 08-23-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: any feedback about bluray player from beovision 7?

Yep it's a Samsung that Bang and Olufsen are charging over £1000 for!  OK kinda like being charged Porsche 911 prices for a Ford Focus  rather cheeky of B&O id say considering Samsung don't exactly make wonderful Blu Ray players!!!

• 08-23-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Yep it's a Samsung that Bang and Olufsen are charging over £1000 for!  OK kinda like being charged Porsche 911 prices for a Ford Focus  rather cheeky of B&O id say considering Samsung don't exactly make wonderful Blu Ray players!!!

However, B&O makes terrific television sets with enough of the extras to make you Ford Focus look totally Porsche 911. And that is in my opinion what is achieved with Samsung in this case. They are totally out of their own league, thanks to B&O tweaking that makes it more rightful to charge what they do. Not to mention the loading mechanism. I don't see you finding similiar anytime soon at the Samsung shelves.....

Samsung it may be, but it has that danish overhaul to it that adds class, picture and star quality.

/Jesper

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 08-23-2010 3:21 PM In reply to

The really great irony is that current Samsung blu-ray players are completely incompatible with the BeoSystem 1 and U.S. Avant. No one at Samsung or B&O tech support can understand why the incompatibility exists.

• 08-23-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

I'm not convinced myself. I bought a DVD1 some years ago expecting it to be excellent and what a let down it has been. Highly unreliable at playing discs, sensitive to the slightest scratches. Samsung Blu ray players are £100 here in the UK  I can't see how charging £1200 can be justified  my worry is, is that it is a Samsung mechanism and that is not a good thing. The argument is Samsung makes fabulous LCD screens however, the don't make fabulous hifi components, blu ray players, DVD players etc. For Blu ray, it's got to be Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic etc.

• 08-23-2010 4:42 PM In reply to

The DVD1 was really disappointing to me too -mostly because of the design. At a time when DVD players were getting smaller and slimmer B&O made this big box, based on the design of their VHS recorder Sad

Would have been great if B&O had made a DVD player that was to the DVD player market what the VX-series was to VHS recorders back then; A really neat machine in top quality -that would have justified the price. Instead we got a standard DVD player in an outdated design. No wonder it never got very popular.
    I bought a Harman-Kardon DVD player instead -a top quality machine in "almost B&O" design -for less than half the price of a DVD1.
    I would rather have had a B&O-player to my BeoVision 3 -and was willing to pay the price -IF they had made a decent one.

But -those days are over now.

• 08-23-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

takktakk:

Samsung it may be, but it has that danish overhaul to it that adds class, picture and star quality.

Do you work for B&O PR?

The Blu-ray drive doesn't support DTS-HD (found on most Blu-rays these days), requires a daft yellow+button to control via the remote and is rather noisy on startup.

Where's the class and star quality?

• 08-23-2010 6:13 PM In reply to

The DVD1 was really disappointing to me too -mostly because of the design. At a time when DVD players were getting smaller and slimmer B&O made this big box, based on the design of their VHS recorder Sad

Would have been great if B&O had made a DVD player that was to the DVD player market what the VX-series was to VHS recorders back then; A really neat machine in top quality -that would have justified the price. Instead we got a standard DVD player in an outdated design. No wonder it never got very popular.
    I bought a Harman-Kardon DVD player instead -a top quality machine in "almost B&O" design -for less than half the price of a DVD1.
    I would rather have had a B&O-player to my BeoVision 3 -and was willing to pay the price -IF they had made a decent one.

But -those days are over now.

Totally agree - I remember buying the DVD1 and friends turning their noses up at it and saying it was huge and fat!!! How gutted was I having just spent £750!!! I learnt a very hard and expensive lesson. I feel B&O really need to look at their mistakes and re-evaluate their business because the whole thing is wrong at the moment.

• 08-24-2010 6:54 AM In reply to

moxxey:

takktakk:

Do you work for B&O PR?

lol moxxey.

No, I do not. But I am quite happy with my setup, and blu-ray players tend to make som noise whoever made them. I think the Beoworld forum has mainly become a forum for technical questions and dissatisfaction. Techs are great, and to some extent dissatisfaction. But there is quite a lot of the latter.

So, since I am happy with my system I thought it well to say so in a completely unpaid statement.

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)