in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2010 2:30 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2010 8:27 AM

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Wiring in a Beolink Passive Eye

Hi,

I'm wiring up a beolink passive, but using a sensor that has 7 connections instead of 5 (it came from a beovision 4) - does anyone know the correct wiring for this one? I have the usual green/brown/white/gray/yellow cable.

Thanks in advance

• 08-21-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Wiring in a Beolink Passive Eye

Actually - managed to find it - with a better use of the search option!

The problem I'm having now is although i've wired it, there are no lights or function. I've extended the cable (wth cat 5 cable - by about 5 metres - and that may be the problem. I do get 5v on pin 2 and 6.

Any ideas?

• 08-21-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

Your problem is that pin 2 should be ground (0 volts) as per the diagram

Regards Keith....

• 08-21-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Thanks - I didn't explain myself well - I'm getting 5v across pin 6 (5v) and pin 2 (0v). Is there a maximum length of cable for this eye? The total cable length is 10m - 5m of B&O cable and 5m of cat5.

• 08-21-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

I am sure that the wiring instructions for the eye mention that the supplied length of cable (5m ?) should be neither shortened or extended in order to maintain a certain capacitance .

I am not certain just how critical this is. Keith will know better and can probably explain.

Regards Graham

• 08-22-2010 2:30 AM In reply to

frog:

Thanks - I didn't explain myself well - I'm getting 5v across pin 6 (5v) and pin 2 (0v). Is there a maximum length of cable for this eye? The total cable length is 10m - 5m of B&O cable and 5m of cat5.

Technically Graham is correct that B&O defines the maxmium length to be 5 metres, however I have had cable lengths up to 15 metres work without problems.

You problem may have more to do with using CAT5 cable depending how you wired it. CAT5 cable uses 4 sets of twisted pairs which if you send a differental signal down the wire pair cancels out any noise, however, depending on how you used the extra 5 metres of CAT 5 you may find it has killed the small signals because you are not using a differential signal.

I suggest you extend the cable with non twisted pair cable.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)