in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2010 4:29 AM by valve1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2010 8:11 AM

BeoCom 2000 desk phone - continuous ring???

Hi all,

After (yet another) long conference call on my BeoCom 2000 it started doing a continous ring.........

This stops after I unplug it from the socket and I've changed the battery in case its that, but still no joy.

I've looked in the manual but it doesn't mention this fault.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Filed under:
  • 08-20-2010 12:25 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCom 2000 desk phone - continuous ring???

Do you have any other phones connected in the house to the same phone line ?

What country are you in ?

Are you connected directly to a standard analogue phone line or via an adapter to for example a cable box ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-20-2010 4:03 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

In the UK, on a SKY line that is split at entry for broadband, so that filters aren't required.

It's been working for years and nothing on the setup has changed so the 'SON(?)number' on the line hasn't changed.

:-(

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-20-2010 5:32 PM In reply to

Large48:

Hi Keith,

In the UK, on a SKY line that is split at entry for broadband, so that filters aren't required.

It's been working for years and nothing on the setup has changed so the 'SON(?)number' on the line hasn't changed.

:-(

Just moved from a cable to copper area and have taken up a Virgin broadband service (probably rented service from BT as I suspect the Sky service is.) I was advised to put filters on all phone outlets to avoid problems. (Have wireless router and one phone connected to a secondary outlet, and Beotalk 1200 plus  phone on the primary.)

Would it be worth putting a filter onto your phone connection to see if something on the broadband side has changed and is affecting the (filterless) phone?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-21-2010 3:44 AM In reply to

Here's a genuine question: Does the continuous ring make the phone stop ringing when someone calls?Stick out tongue

• 08-21-2010 4:29 AM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

vikinger:
    Would it be worth putting a filter onto your phone connection to see if something on the broadband side has changed and is affecting the (filterless) phone?
     Hi, all ways worth a try but the filter is only used to stop you hearing the (high freqency) broadband noise. Best to try the phone on a different line to eliminate if its the line or telephone. Different providers do have a habit of changing their products for all sorts of reasons but I suspect thats not the issue here.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)