in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2010 5:41 AM by adro. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2010 5:21 AM

• adro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-26-2009
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Timer

Hallo.

How do I set a timer on my BS5 ?

Regards

AdroBig Smile

• 08-19-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Timer

I don't believe the BS5 can start a timer.  It can only respond to timers from a video master.  At least this is what the FAQ on the B&O site implies (no mention of starting a timer).  Also, the option to select "play timer" from the roles menu is only available when the BS5 is configured as an "audio master" which means there is no other audio master in the system - hence, only a video master can do this:

Can BeoSound 5 be part of a Play Timer?

Yes, the speakers connected to BeoSound 5 can be set to start up when a Play Timer programmed on e.g. a connected video system, is executed.

To make BeoSound 5 part of a Play Timer
    > Select SETTINGS in the MODE menu
    > Select PLAY TIMER in the ROLES menu
    > Move the wheel to select ON and press GO

Here's another possibly useful FAQ entry:

Why does a Timer Play with a BeoSound 5 'N.Music' or 'N.Radio' source not start up?

When you program a Timer Play on your Bang & Olufsen video or audio product you can select either 'N.Music' or N.Radio from BeoSound 5 as source.

When you select N.Music the content from the red 'Favourites' list on BeoSound 5 is always selected automatically. This means that if your red 'FAVOURITES' list is empty, Timer Play will not start up as programmed. Therefore you always need to add the content you want to listen to, in the red ‘FAVOURITES’ list.

When you select N.Radio, you select a ‘Channel’ and the content from the numbered preset list is automatically selected. If the Preset list is empty, the system starts automatically on the last played radio station.  

Stan
  • 08-23-2010 5:41 AM In reply to

• adro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-26-2009
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Re: Timer

Ok, Thanks Stan.

I hope they will do somethink about this in a software update, if it's posible.

adro

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)