in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2010 4:07 AM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2010 1:33 PM

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

BV8 Mac mini wake up

I have just recently bought a BV8 40" and have my mac mini connected to it and using the PUC codes for remote control and it works like a charm.

There is on thing that annoys me though. I allways have the mini in sleep mode when it is not in use so it will be ready in a matter of seconds. But when i press the source button (in this case DVD) the tv is changing to the selected input but the mini will not wake up before i do a command like for example move the cursor up or down. Is there anyone that knows a fix so that the Mini will wake up when the Source button (DVD) i pressed.

This would make this setup perfect for me Smile  

Filed under:
  • 08-15-2010 1:32 AM In reply to

Re: BV8 Mac mini wake up

madskp:
    press the source button (in this case DVD) the tv is changing to the selected input but the mini will not wake up

what software are you using on the MacMini ?

e.g. Front Row ... LinkPlayer ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-15-2010 3:13 AM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Hi. I am using PLEX. But I am not really sure if it matters because it is the computer itself that doesn't wake up. 

• 08-15-2010 4:07 AM In reply to

madskp:
    it is the computer itself that doesn't wake up. 

you may be right ... early today I tried some LinkPlayer experiments ... and although [PC] switches on my BV8 I find I have to use down [v] and up [v] arrows to complete the wake-up so that the screen comes to life (change from black to the LinkPlayer's menu) ... I will keep experimenting but let us hope some one else comes up with a solution for you

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)