in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2010 3:10 PM by Synergy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2010 3:37 PM

Serenata questions

I need an uber compact nearfield sound source for use during corporate on site massage in a quiet environment.

Never having listened to one I wondered if the Serenata might be just the ticket.Not interested in it as a phone,purely for playing relaxing music whilst the client is being treated on a chair or couch.

Can any owners give a ballpark estimate regarding battery life when in audio mode.Also is it easy enough to load and access playlists via a Mac/iTunes or is it a B&O/PC-centric convoluted process?

If anyone is thinking of selling....[at a sensible price]

Many thanks.

• 08-12-2010 5:50 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Re: Serenata questions

Hi Synergy,

As a Mac user, I found dragging and dropping music to the Serenata in mass storage mode was simpler than using the iTunes plugin. It worked similar to getting music on an SD card for a BeoSound 2. You'll need to remember that album art isnt possible when using a Mac. 

Battery life for the audio playing through the speaker, an hour or two if I remember (been a while since I used mine), but you could always use the docking station and have it charging whilst playing? Although depending on the duration of your appointments, it may last for a session and then be able to get charged between, I'm not sure.

I'll private message you Re: selling!

Robert.

• 08-12-2010 7:15 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info Robert.I must gen up on the spec in the archives.Shame about the shortish battery life,although it could be docked depending on power point access.

Still looking for one at a good price...

I was going to get a B&W Zep Mini but even that is too bulky to carry over the shoulder along with my other kit and would get damaged too easily.

• 08-12-2010 7:25 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You have a PM Synergy.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-13-2010 1:45 PM In reply to

Have you got MP3 or AAC files? If MP3, why not go for a BeoSound 3? Far better sound, longer battery life, completely wireless and half the price of a Serenata ! 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-13-2010 3:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for the thought Chris, but it would still be way too big and bulky.I would be on two wheels [human powered] then on foot with lots of heavy awkward bags and so on.I could just slip the Serenata in my pocket and it would double up as a backup phone should I ever need it.

When I  played with the BS3 in the past,the shop staff could never get the touch sensitive ring/mute to work whenever required.I guess there must be a nack.No DAB would also limit its at home.I might have another look though.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)