in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2010 5:35 AM by gk31ax. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2010 12:35 PM In reply to

• Fulgore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Re: B&O iPod Dock..

In my opinion it should be a ML product which you can use also as a standalone unit.

just my 2cts

• 08-11-2010 1:20 PM In reply to

My guess at the price is that's it's going to cost more than the current BeoSound 1... 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 08-11-2010 2:46 PM In reply to

My guess is that it will look like this.....:

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-11-2010 3:05 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Looks like it could be similar to a pair of BL4's strapped to an iPod dock - as long as the price relfects this!

A pair of BL3's strapped to an iPod dock for the same money would sell in droves!Left HugGiftEmbarrassed

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-11-2010 5:48 PM In reply to

All I know is this is a def product coming out as the person i spoke to is soughting out projected sales in november for the uk.

• 08-15-2010 4:44 AM In reply to

I would consider one of these as soon as they are available,as I have had two B&W Zeppelins suffer catastrophic power supply failures around the 11 month mark [a known issue,it seems]

However,if B&O want these to fly off the shelf impulse buy stylee then they might want to consider meeting several important criteria:

Priced closer to £600 than £800 [unless it is exceptional sonically with off the scale lust factor/build quality...please no high plastic quotient]

Sound at least as good as a Zeppelin [with good PRAT,better dynamics and easy listening naturalness]

Versatile placement options - compact enough for a bedside table [a la Vita Audio R2i] not too big  so as to be limiting and put folk off [like the Zeppelin] easy enough to move from room to room.Wall mountable.

Include a compact,high quality remote that is easy to use in the dark.Ideally with an illuminated display - like a Mac keyboard.Nice enough that when placed in potential customers hand it elicits an immediate buying response rather than "they want £?? for this and it comes with a cheap cr@ppy remote"

Include a DAB/+ module.It's not good enough,especially at a a premium price point,to omit this.We don't want to have to rely on an intermittent network connection when listening to the radio,or eat up tons of our data allowance.

Ability to hook up a Beolab 11.Please tell me you already thought of this B&O Hmm I would almost certainly buy the BL11 as an upgrade,assuming they worked well together.

An added bonus would be if the speaker units were detachable and upgradeable with others from the range.The dock unit would have to look good in isolation of course.

With suitable marketing this is a very good opportunity for B&O to get things right and draw in a large number of potential  new customers who will invariably recommend to their friends [if they are happy with the quality/design/sonics and ownersip experience]and undoubtedly buy more from the range over the years.However,it may mean not being too greedy on the profit margin front!

Better to have a narrower margin,sell far more units at an 'acceptable' price point.Thus increasing customer base who subsequently buy higher margin goodies and recommend the brand and products to all and sundry.

Excellent reliability with an extended warranty,giving peace of mind to folk who have not had the best experience with other manufacturers.

Can't wait to see/hear the Beosound 8 when it is released.Although I doubt whether many of these criteria will be met.Fingers crossed...

• 08-15-2010 5:35 AM In reply to

Now if only I had a dealer to go and but one of these from.....

Brighton - Closed

Chichester - switched to Loewe

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2