in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2010 5:35 AM by gk31ax. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2010 10:56 AM

• SecretSheep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2008
    • In the field outside 'The Farm' - Struer
    • Posts 56
    • Bronze Member

B&O iPod Dock..

Well, there we were the other day munching on some grass, when we overheard a conversation about the new B&O iPod Dock..

Built in loudspeakers that rival BeoLab 4000, compatibility with iPhone, iPad and iPod (as well as other inputs) and looks absolutely beautiful. Beo4 or Beo5 controllable, plus it may be coming with it's own remote too!

Not sure of the colours, but lets wait til the options are in Black and White before we make any assumptions (that was a sheep pun there, did you miss it?)

We also overheard the marketing department talking about it being absolutely beautiful - and how it's a product that can be bought and taken away same day..  Perfect for the impulse purchaser like you lot!

It's a BeoSound... but i can't recall the model number.  I heard Bjorn the Sheep saying it's not 7, then i heard John the Sheep saying it's not 9.  I plumped for the middle figure of the two, and i'm usually right.  I wonder what it might be?  Let's wait and see...

They think we're just eating grass....
  • 08-10-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: B&O iPod Dock..

I don`t think it will have a model number....they will just call it iBeosound 

Stefan

• 08-10-2010 12:12 PM In reply to

I love Sheep :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 08-10-2010 1:15 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Interesting! Jo has been on about getting an iPod dock. This could be perfect. as I could not find any I liked.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-10-2010 1:43 PM In reply to

This might actually be the product that saves B&O - at the right price of course.  About time too with this product. Very excited!!!

• 08-10-2010 1:51 PM In reply to

SecretSheep:
    Not sure of the colours, but lets wait til the options are in Black and White before we make any assumptions (that was a sheep pun there, did you miss it?)

I wonder if there will be knitworking 

(or is that pun just too awful to be understood?)

((or too expensive for an impulse buy))

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-10-2010 5:12 PM In reply to

Hope it's not going to be standalone as that will defeat the object of having the dock.

Ideally it would be masterlinked in like a beoport and act as a music source that can also connect to the rest of the system, if it was also wireless then that would be fantastic as it would be able to connect to their existing wireless transceivers.

Hopefully similar to what I was proposing for the Beosound 3 update.

I wont hold my breath!Indifferent

• 08-10-2010 5:22 PM In reply to

Please please please put in a radio as well....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-10-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

I heard off a good sourse, that it will be released in november be between £600-800 and will have net radio capability oh and the sound output is equivlent to Lab6000's not the 4000's as been mentioned on here.

• 08-10-2010 5:48 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Good newsBig Smile

• 08-10-2010 6:20 PM In reply to

beolife:
    Ideally it would be masterlinked in like a beoport and act as a music source that can also connect to the rest of the system

Let's hope it can co-exist with a BeoPort

beolife:
    if it was also wireless

Let us hope they don't confuse wireless with radio Laughing

Let's hope they put both in :)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-10-2010 6:40 PM In reply to

Kokane81:

I heard off a good sourse, that it will be released in november be between £600-800 and will have net radio capability oh and the sound output is equivlent to Lab6000's not the 4000's as been mentioned on here.

While I understand it to have excellent sound quality (if it even does or will exist which cannot by any means be even the least bit confirmed [or denied]), think about reconciling the information in this post.

1. It will retail between £600-800

2. sound output is equivalent to to BeoLab 6000s

A swing and a miss. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-10-2010 6:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Is the sound output between 4000's and 6000's that different?

The sheep may have been protecting their sources.. or is it sauces..

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-10-2010 11:54 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Is the sound output between 4000's and 6000's that different?

When the volume is up high yes, there is a big difference.

Nevertheless, exciting concept, lets hope it doesn't disspoint like every other product they have released over the past couple of years has.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-11-2010 5:56 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

1. It will retail between £600-800

In that price range we can`t expect link compatibility, so I think, it won`t have masterlink....

Would be great if you could access your BS5 music library via BS8 using an ipod, ipad or Beo4/5in a linkroom....

But it looks like a standalone product in the tradition of BS Century, BS1.

Sheep, please tell me if I`m wrong...

Stefan

• 08-11-2010 7:08 AM In reply to

Imho.. it's going to replace the BS1... Stand alone product.. with no intention to be ML linked. (don't see a use of it being ML). I'm not going to use my iPod when all my music is on my network. It's just a stand alone product, nothing more nothing less.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 08-11-2010 7:16 AM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

Hopefully the sheep will be able to continue their 007 activities. But you never know. Too often sheep end up on kebab skewers, which tends to make them very silent.

• 08-11-2010 7:18 AM In reply to

Your missing the point, alot of people are not as tech savvy with their music on their network, they are most likely  have it on a iPod thats downloaded from a laptop/desktop.

So to be able to link & control a official iPod dock will be a very good solution for B&O  traditional customers, lets face it those of us who frequent this site to not fall into that category.

They could perceivably have two versions, one stand alone the other linkable.

I for one think that if they launch BS1/BS3 type product then they are barking up the wrong tree.

• 08-11-2010 7:25 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Beolab1:

Hopefully the sheep will be able to continue their 007 activities. But you never know. Too often sheep end up on kebab skewers, which tends to make them very silent.

They seem to be very clever - they even survived easter. Anyway they have a license to beo.....

Stefan

• 08-11-2010 7:32 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

beolife:

Your missing the point, alot of people are not as tech savvy with their music on their network, they are most likely  have it on a iPod thats downloaded from a laptop/desktop.

So to be able to link & control a official iPod dock will be a very good solution for B&O  traditional customers, lets face it those of us who frequent this site to not fall into that category.

They could perceivably have two versions, one stand alone the other linkable.

I for one think that if they launch BS1/BS3 type product then they are barking up the wrong tree.

My thoughts were just the other way round. I`m thinking of a link device as the BL2000/3500 with ML connection, and as an add on ipod /N.MUSIC and N.RADIO as local source....

BTW thanks to ridax I have a linkable ipod docking station since years - works great with BS7000 & BC9500 and as a local source connected to an MCL2 AV.

Stefan

• 08-11-2010 7:36 AM In reply to

beolife:

A product to Integrate an iPod with an existing system is a different product to this one.

If kokane 81 is right and it sells for £600-800 and sounds good it has the potential to open up a whole new market for B&O. Seems too cheap to be true to me unless they are planning a product made in China to  directly compete with the B&W Zeppelin and be sold through Apple Stores, Mainstream retail outlets etc.

If that is the case, even if it was to be made in China I would struggle to keep my credit card in my pocket and I think it could be a good way of inviting people into the brand.

Simon

• 08-11-2010 9:33 AM In reply to

wirralsimon:
    sells for £600-800 and sounds good it has the potential to open up a whole new market for B&O.

Maybe it is my UK laptop ... but did these posts really say UK Pounds Sterling 600-800 ?!?!?!?

To me that seems an excessive amount unless it provides more capability . . . .  am I wrong ?

• 08-11-2010 9:36 AM In reply to

If it contains speakers, that is rather cheap (by B&O standards...)

• 08-11-2010 10:37 AM In reply to

The Zeppelin costs around £400

A set of lab 4s (the PC only version)  through Apple etc. would set you back about £650

A beosound 1 is about £1300

£600-800 would be perfectly affordable for most B&O customers but it would be a difficult balancing act as all of the current range is much more expensive and this could undermine the market for link speakers etc. if the iPod dock is fully portable within the house.

The current range of new B&O systems is out of my reach but I could easily see myself buying one of these. I just can't see B&O being able to make them in Europe and market them for that price.

Simon

• 08-11-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

If you look at the history of Ipod docks, they are a somewhat fragile beast, meaning as Apple releases new Ipods or Iphones it may just stop working at some point sooner then later. This is not a product that you can keep around 6 or 8 years, more 3 or 4 if at all.

Your Beolab 4 speaker will connect with pretty much anything that you throw at them .... so I'd say a higher price is not justified. We always justified the prices with the longevity of the product, that is not necessary given anymore.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >