in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2010 9:13 AM by Beolab1. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2010 8:24 AM

The buying experience ... a 7-32 vs 7-40

Still looking at 7-32 vs 7-40. The room size would suit a 7-32 - I have a Avant-28 currently.

Others comments have indicated that a 7-32 image cannot be compared with a 7-40/7-55. So I think to clinch the deal I need to see the same piece of footage on a 7-32 side by side with a 7-40 to appreciate the difference myself.

What sort of footage would illustrate the differences best - SD signal (always a problem as stores seem to have rubbish RF reception), fast moving DVD or DVB-HD ? 

Having had the Avant for 12+ years I want this next purchase to keep me happy for a while (7+). I'm not worried about 3d and can look to have an external blueray/HD recorder if needs be. But my starting point is I don't want to buy an 'inferior' picture processor / quality as that cannot be changed.

My default DVD test would be Fifth Element - blacks (on the intro) , colour & action scenes, would this illustrate the benefit of the 7-40 over the 7-32 ? 

Buying advice gratefully received ...

(if only i could rent a 7-40 to a month [at a reasonable price] to decide if its too big for the room).

Filed under:
  • 08-06-2010 3:16 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

Re: The buying experience ... a 7-32 vs 7-40

I made the same switch in 2006. From 28 inch Beovision Avant VTR to a new BV7-40 MKII, with Beolab 7.2 and the low motorized floor stand. I am still very pleased with it. I thought about buying the BV7-32 for a long time, but now I’’m very glad that I went for the larger screen. You get used to it so quickly. The Avant is upstairs and when I see it now, I think that it's so small! If your living room is not to big, you might consider getting the BV7-40 with the low floor stand. It makes the whole set look very stylish, smaller and most of all lower! Our living room is about 50 square meters (that's quite big for Amsterdam standards, I don't know the size of your living room). The viewing distance about 3,5 to 4 meters. The first DVD's you watch make you feel like having a cinema in your home. Like you, I will keep this BV7-40 and don't have plans for trading in. I don't need constant upgrading to get the latest technology. I bought it for design, quality and Beolink capability. I have an old fashioned Beocord V8000 connected to it and analog cable. The Beocord V8000 even fills the screen with a fine picture for everyday recording use. The BV7-40 is a great TV, it killed me moneywise, but I never had any regrets!

• 08-06-2010 4:07 PM In reply to

I agree totally with Beolab1, I upgraded from an avant 32 DVD to a BV7-70 MK2 and was and am still extremely happy with the TV! Ounce youve lived with a 40" screen you will never go back to a smaller one. HD video viewable from 3 metres is as good as a MK3 BV7.

I MUST REPEAT WHAT PLENTY OF OTHER BEOWORLDERS HAVE SAID ALREADY! THE BV7 REQUIRES A STRONG SIGNAL EITHER BY THE BROADCASTER OR THE RECEIVER FOR IT TO PERFORM PROPERLY.

Not all SKY boxes perform to the same standards for example!

Regards D.C

• 08-18-2010 6:55 AM In reply to

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

I recently switched from a BV7 32 to BV7 40 MK3 and very glad that i did.

the MK3 gives you added facility for projector setup and speaker roles as well as having a very good picture quality

• 08-18-2010 7:17 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The mkIII BeoVision 7-40 onwards is a completely different television to the BeoVision 7-32 from a technical aspect.

The mkI + mkII BeoVision 7-40s were essentially identical to the BeoVision 7-32, but with a 40" display instead. The picture processing etc... was all the same.

Move upto the mkIII 7-40 and onwards, and you'll find a BeoSystem 3 inside (completely different to the 7-32). I'd suggest you try both SD and HD, and observe the differences. With HD especially, the differences will be really quite massive.

Just my 2c.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-18-2010 7:17 AM In reply to

i switched from a MX4000(26") to a Beovision 4-50...and i still found  too little the 50" picture..bigger is better,and you never come back...

• 08-19-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

Personally I have to say that I hate big screens. I don't want to move my head to look at the ends of the screen. We have a 26" screen (and it is bigger then our previous) and are very happy with it. I just think it some sort of madness with 'bigger the better' and never thought B&O would do this too. 

It doesn't matter to me that they do sell large screens (as stated here: there are a lot of people that like big screens), but it matters to me that they stop selling smaller screens. And yes B&O does have some smaller screens, but who says I like those models (they are nice but I like others more)? Personally I think the BV7 is one of the prettiest TV's you can buy, but 32" is the absolute maximum I even want in my room. I don't want the TV to be a piece of furniture like some sort of cupboard-size object. I want it to 'blend' in with the rest, if you know what i mean.

So if I was you, I'd buy the 32", because it's big enough for any household.

• 08-19-2010 5:18 AM In reply to

The mkIII BeoVision 7-40 onwards is a completely different television to the BeoVision 7-32 from a technical  aspect.

Why don't they use the same technology in the 32 version??

What could be the reason.

• 08-19-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

koning:

Why don't they use the same technology in the 32 version??

What could be the reason.

The BeoSystem 3 won't fit inside the BeoVision 7-32. It's enough of a squeeze inside the 7-40 as it is!

Really, the BeoVision 7-32 should be based on the same chassis as the BeoVision 10 and 8-40.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-21-2010 8:59 AM In reply to

Well I had to add that I plumped for a BV7-40 Mk3. Primarily because of the Beosystem 3 and picture quality. I have it on the low stand to disguise its size (it replaced a Avant 28").

I have to say I love it - the design, the quality, the picture quality on DVB SD, DVB HD & DVD is excellent. I'm just waiting to borrow a blue ray player to see whether i decide to then plan to upgrade the drive from DVD to Blue Ray.

I'm a very happy beoworlder .....  thanks to all for their advice !!

• 08-21-2010 9:13 AM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

Congratulations! Nice to hear that you are pleased with the 40'' screen. The low floor stand makes the BV7-40 look fantastic. Very stylish and a little less presence in a room. Just enough to make you go: WOW! Did you get the beolab 7.2? Very expensive speaker, but what incredible quality. If you play music through it, it can fill a room. It even has very good bass and blows the Avant away.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)