in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-01-2010 2:53 PM by vikinger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2010 8:32 AM

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

DVD Player on Avant stops playing after about 30 min. dvd playback.

Dear Forum-members,

I hope you can support me with my problem. Yesterday we've had a movienight at home. I've invited some friends.

The second dvd was playing and after a while in a kissing-scene the player stopt playing! I thought it will go to another point and will play further. But ist Just keeped spinning! A rattling sound was coming from the player and i had to shut the tv off. After that i tried it with alcohol and now it's playing for about half an hour and then it automatically stops as mentioned in the Title. When i looked at the dvd, it was full of scratches, now i think it's my fault. Why didn't i look at it before.

Maybe you have some suggestions for me to solve the problem! A new unit is a bit expensive i think.

With Kind regards,

Michel Gallus

Filed under: , , , , ,
  • 08-01-2010 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: DVD Player on Avant stops playing after about 30 min. dvd playback.

An Avant DVD compatibility problem was explained by Keith in this thread.

You don't expalin whether your DVD became scratched by the Avant DVD player, or whether it was already scratched. Do you now have the same problem with all DVD's? Can you play CD's?

I seem to recall another thread (unable to find it now or remember whether it was an Avant issue) where DVD's would not play right through and where there might have been a timer problem (or a time had been accidentally set.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-01-2010 2:08 PM In reply to

• michgal
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-27-2007
    • Eindhoven, Netherlands
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

I don't think it is a compatability problem, because te dvd's were played normally before the problem started yesterday. What's that timer problem? We had the tv completely completly turned off (red button) for half an hour.

With Kind Regards,

Michel

• 08-01-2010 2:53 PM In reply to

Sorry, can't find that timer reference. Here's another reference regarding an Avant DVD stopping after two minutes use: the potential  solutions don't look straight forward.  All you can do is eliminate the most obvious issues before making that dealer call-out.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)