in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-09-2010 8:26 AM by AdamS. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2010 7:35 AM

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

MS150.2

MS150.2

"still in working order, sounding beautiful"......imagine what they'll sound like when they're fixed! Laughing

These look like they'll need quite a bit of money spending on them (or someone with good refoaming DIY skills) to repair the damaged drivers - cabinets look good though - will be very interesting to see what they go for. Can't quite work out the sellers logic in selling the stands seperately....

Cheers

Nigel

Peter - I haven't forgotten!

• 07-26-2010 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: MS150.2

In general, speakers seem to go for about the same amount of money whether the stands are present or not, so selling the stands separately my yield a bit extra. Bit like Beograms and cartridges!

Simon

• 07-26-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Morally wrong to sell the stands seperately IMO. The MS150's have ported subwoofers (underneath) and NEED the stands to work correctly.

I refurbished a pair some while ago & it was pretty straight forward to be honest but physically challenging due to the sheer size & weight. Plenty of caps in the crossovers to replace.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-26-2010 2:09 PM In reply to

I agree - seems ridiculous as they will not work properly without the stands and the stands will only work with these speakers. M100s are a different story.

• 07-26-2010 3:23 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Mmmm, not too far away from me. Might be tempted to have a bid. Not sure how I am going to hide them from Jo though.Hmm

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-26-2010 3:25 PM In reply to

Craig:
    Not sure how I am going to hide them from Jo though.Hmm

Idea

Until you are ready to repair them... turn them upside down and mount a clock in place of the woofer. She'll never know.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-26-2010 3:26 PM In reply to

Double post...

P.S. just noticed the forum seems to have sped up and may have caused this! Good news if that is the case!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-26-2010 3:52 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

Mmmm, not too far away from me. Might be tempted to have a bid. Not sure how I am going to hide them from Jo though.Hmm

CraigSmile

Worth having a pop at Craig.

The main thing is the cabinets are in good shape. The rest can be dealt with, I know Martin can supply you with a cap kit - I provided him with the speac's & photo's when I did mine & he kindly put a kit together from that. As mentioned previously though you MUST also get the stands.

Hmmm...... as for hiding them from Jo, just tell her you're thinking of your future together & in an act of spontaneous romance you've bought his & her coffins & it is the ultimate commitment giftLaughing

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-26-2010 8:22 PM In reply to

-and how on Earth did he manage to ruin the dustcaps like that..? Maybe some children have been playing around.

• 07-27-2010 12:59 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Hmmm...... as for hiding them from Jo, just tell her you're thinking of your future together & in an act of spontaneous romance you've bought his & her coffins & it is the ultimate commitment giftLaughing

Chris.

An imaginative justification for irrational purchases of additional B&O - another well known symptom of the Beovirus.

I was looking at these as well, as I have always regretted not buying Peter's when I bought his Beolab 8000 system, but when I mentioned buying them to my partner at the time, she was 'not amused'.  Given the size of the listening room, they would have been wholly wrong anyway, but when did logic play a part in an addiction?  The best justification I could come up with was that it was an 'investment' (She's an auditor). 

I wish I'd thought of the 'his and her' coffins, though.  

Cleve

• 07-30-2010 7:57 AM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

I saw the stands and got excited as I need a pair for my M150s. Then I saw the speakers and realised I'm going to have to have a go for them as well.Surprise

I did have a pair of MS150s given to me a year or so back, in a very bad way, which I refoamed and then gave to Tim Jarman as I have too many large loudspeakers. However, having heard what they can do when properly fettled and, given that I now have a Beomaster 8000, I think I NEED these! Big Smile

• 07-31-2010 5:53 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Just a quick warning, one of the subs produces no sound so you *might* want to add the cost of a recoil on to the final price. I would have been bidding if it wasn't for that!

Sorry not intro'd myself I use to post a bit on the old forums but never have anything too constructive to add, so generally listen more...

Olly.

Olly.

• 07-31-2010 9:18 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Was it one of us that got them?

Cheers

Nigel 

• 07-31-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

£250 for speakers & stands in that condition?

OUCHSurprise

Chris.

• 07-31-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Missed this auction ending. Not too bothered though as I would not have gone that high at all.Huh?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-31-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Step1:

Sorry not intro'd myself I use to post a bit on the old forums but never have anything too constructive to add, so generally listen more...

Hey - I can't remember the last constructive thing i said, so don't worry! Laughing

Good to have you back posting Olly.  Don't leave it so long next time! Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-31-2010 3:37 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

Missed this auction ending. Not too bothered though as I would not have gone that high at all.Huh?

CraigSmile

Me neither Craig. The ones I bought cost me £99 complete with stands & mint cabinets. The seller had them on a BIN/best offer for £199 for a couple of months with no takers. I kept offering £99 which he eventually accepted - I think he just got sick of the sight of them to be honest. Happy daysSmile

Chris.

• 08-01-2010 12:02 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Craig:

CraigSmile

Me neither Craig. The ones I bought cost me £99 complete with stands & mint cabinets. The seller had them on a BIN/best offer for £199 for a couple of months with no takers. I kept offering £99 which he eventually accepted - I think he just got sick of the sight of them to be honest. Happy daysSmile

Chris.

Chris,

This only makes me more regretful I didn't buy Peter's.  Slightly more expensive but perfect working order and an 'unimpeachable source'.

Cleve  

• 08-09-2010 8:26 AM In reply to

• AdamS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • South UK
    • Posts 72
    • Silver Member

Well, I won the stands, which I'll be using on my M150s but the speakers went beyond my top bid, which I thought was generous given the work they needed!

Oh well, back to the search...

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)