in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2010 3:05 PM by Calvin. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2010 4:20 PM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

An Open Invitation to ............................................... Wednesday©

Nothing to do with golf, fortunately!Wink

In an effort to drum up more (hopefully regular) contributers to the weekly Wednesday© thread, Andy and I are able to offer a small "joining" gift, courtesy of Lee & Beoworld, to members who make their first ever posts on the Wednesday© Thread (and then hopefully go on to become part of the weekly cast). The aim is to convert regular readers into regular posters - if you often read and enjoy the Wednesday© thread but have always been too shy to post then this offer is targeted at at you!

First time participants this Wednesday© will win themselves an "Open Mind" CD from B&O. You aren't expected to stay all night, just drop by, say hello and either pick up the conversation you encounter at the time or else post your answer to the starting question(s) that appear every week in the opening post of the thread. Your answers to these questions are welcome at anytime during the thread, regardless of what is being discussed at the time you join.

For those that aren't quite sure of what it is that goes on, I'll attempt a short explanation of a typical Wednesday© -

It takes place every week and generally starts, barring disaster, at 7pm UK time.

To get a mental picture of what is happening, imagine a groups of pals, sat around a table in a pub, having a bit of a laugh while discussing any old nonsense over a drink or three - nothing heavy, no philosophy, just typical "mates round a table" banter.

The opening post, normally from Andy or I, will include a question of sorts to which folk can answer to break the ice and get things rolling. During the course of the evening the conversation will generally wander wildly off topic but answers to the original question will always be welcome and will allow latecomers to join in the conversation at anytime.

Certain subjects are "barred" from Wednesday© discussions, this list currently includes -

B&O, Apple (and their products), AV in general, Cars (and Engines), Cameras, Watches and Football.

Whilst the "ban" is good natured it is intended to prevent the thread deteriorating into lists of model numbers and specs and the type of collector's discussion that would cause some (including myself) to throw themselves under passing buses to avoid. If a banned item is mentioned, or appears in a photo within the thread the offender will be "Woop"ed by someone to remind them of the rules. Don't be afraid, it's all done with tongue firmly in cheek, there won't be any bruises (none that'll show up in court, anyway)Devil!

As the Wednesday© thread has been running for some years know you may find references to past events or posts or find members referred to by completely different names for reasons that aren't clear. I would urge you to stick with it and just go with the flow, if there's anything you need or want to know along the way then just ask, the Wednesday© folk are renowned for being the friendliest bunch on the 'net!Smile

If you've ever read and enjoyed the thread I urge you to have a go and join in, after all the worst thing that can happen is that you reveal your innermost, deepest secrets whilst under interrogation or you make a complete and utter fool of yourself! Either way, it'll only be there for the world to read for one week, the following Wednesday© sees the previous thread erased forever to protect the innocentHmm

See you thereYes -  thumbs up.................................

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-25-2010 4:27 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Re: An Open Invitation to ............................................... Wednesday©

awwwww pants, I just keep forgetting coz the Wednesday is on my Thursday and I get terribly mixed up compared to normal lol Hmm

• 07-25-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: An Open Invitation to ............................................... Wednesday©

benjnz:

awwwww pants, I just keep forgetting coz the Wednesday is on my Thursday and I get terribly mixed up compared to normal lol Hmm

You'd get nowt cos you posted before!Stick out tongueLaughing

Swing by any time though.Yes -  thumbs upSmile

• 07-25-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

I posted only once on a Wednesday thread but for some reason my browser included the complete html text (rather than just the text I wrote) so a bit of a failed first try - could the next try count as the first again??!!

• 07-25-2010 5:51 PM In reply to

Hmmmm. May be time to register with a new ID Whistle

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-25-2010 5:56 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

vikinger:

Hmmmm. May be time to register with a new ID Whistle

Wouldn't work - I'd recognise your patter anywhere!Stick out tongueLaughing

• 07-25-2010 7:53 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes -  thumbs up Cool!

I hope my steam driven computer can keep up with the massive influx of new Wedthredder©s this week!

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-25-2010 11:12 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Blast! I will potentially miss this Wednesday!

Evan

• 07-26-2010 12:41 AM In reply to

This is starting to look like a MonThread!! LaughingLaughingLaughingStick out tongue

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-26-2010 3:19 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Think I'll open up a new pseudo to get the cd!

Might even get there this week - here's hoping!

Salut a la Finistere!

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 07-26-2010 4:45 AM In reply to

Well I really do try to join ... but Melbourne's winters and the X hours time zone difference makes it tough.

Last Thursday I joined late to find a post saying peopled had wooshed (or is it swooshed) because of technical difficulties so I did not post ... and the next thing was there were two more swooshes and then I truly was all alone .... just me and Mrs PrizeBottie the barmaid ... and her gears were sort of cranky 'cause she wanted to go to where ever botties go when they are resting

Any how, I think JD and BENJ and I should mount a GMT+10.75 Wednesday night one week .... or roll the Wednesday night into the wee wee hours of your Wednesday night Laughing 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-26-2010 5:07 AM In reply to

Strictly speaking people can post and get a free CD but they will be wooped if anyone talks about it!

Simon

• 07-26-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

wirralsimon:

Strictly speaking people can post and get a free CD but they will be wooped if anyone talks about it!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-26-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

danezro:
    so a bit of a failed first try - could the next try count as the first again??!!

If failed Wedthred© posts were tabulated... Andy would be taking a CD home this week.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 07-26-2010 12:24 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

wirralsimon:

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

LaughingLaughingYes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-26-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Not sure if I posted on the wednesday thread before; but I will give it a try!

Hope I will make it this wednesday! Nice initiative!

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 07-26-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Looking forward to Wednesday.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-26-2010 9:06 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Spot on I think we need a REAL Wednesday thread, one that start son a Wednesday not a lack lusture Thursday huh?! Laughing

elephant:

Any how, I think JD and BENJ and I should mount a GMT+10.75 Wednesday night one week .... or roll the Wednesday night into the wee wee hours of your Wednesday night Laughing 

• 07-26-2010 10:18 PM In reply to

benjnz:

Spot on I think we need a REAL Wednesday thread, one that start son a Wednesday not a lack lusture Thursday huh?! Laughing

elephant:

LaughingLaughingLaughing

• 07-28-2010 4:13 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Shameless bump!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-28-2010 4:37 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

Shameless bump!

Fine, but I shamelessly deleted two out of three of them Laughing

-mika

• 07-28-2010 5:03 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Jandyt:

Shameless bump!

And now for something completely different ...

[cue Monty Python theme]

a shameless hijacking of the Wednesday thread ...

it is Wednesday down-under, and I am about to wrap myself around a Guinness, and sit and talk with my Antipodal partners if they are around ...

[cue to picture of elephant peeking around a Baobab tree]

hmmmm ... only MichaelBeoCalmdom888wayne_brightdiymikeDrDimitrisEspenSøren Hammerhesse_88tournedoselephantTB are online !

So no WEDTHREAD regulars to sit down with me and discuss ...

[cue to drum roll]

should the BeoWorld day start at the IDL or GMT

hmmmm .... actually that seems a tad too profound for a WEDTHREAD topic  

And since it uses Beo (which is just as bad as B&O) it is definitely Whoooooooooop-able

Laughing

See you all in around 10 hours from now

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-28-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Jandyt:

Shameless bump!

And now for something completely different ...

[cue Monty Python theme]

a shameless hijacking of the Wednesday thread ...

it is Wednesday down-under, and I am about to wrap myself around a Guinness, and sit and talk with my Antipodal partners if they are around ...

[cue to picture of elephant peeking around a Baobab tree]

hmmmm ... only Michael, BeoCalm, dom888, wayne_bright, diymike, DrDimitris, Espen, Søren Hammer, hesse_88, tournedos, elephant, TB are online !

So no WEDTHREAD regulars to sit down with me and discuss ...

[cue to drum roll]

should the BeoWorld day start at the IDL or GMT

hmmmm .... actually that seems a tad too profound for a WEDTHREAD topic  

And since it uses Beo (which is just as bad as B&O) it is definitely Whoooooooooop-able

Laughing

See you all in around 10 hours from now

• 07-28-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

I'm here... Unsure

• 07-28-2010 7:23 AM In reply to

jldmelb:

I'm here... Unsure

And at 10:22pm I am swooooshing so I can try to be up at pommy pub time

Beer Beer [:'(] Beer Beer

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >