in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-27-2010 7:27 AM by Marc. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2010 2:38 PM

Clarkson on B&O

FRom a 2006 TImes article.

So that’s that. Whenever I “want” to buy something, I go to a Bang & Olufsen shop. And whenever I “have” to buy something, I go to Selfridges. Marks & Spencer is not on my radar.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-25-2010 5:25 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Re: Clarkson on B&O

He said on Top Gear recently that "he knows its all Phillips underneath but"

Sounds like B&O should get him over to Struer for re-education, and replace those damn awful Panasonic plasmas in the studio aswell.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 07-26-2010 8:57 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

chris:

Sounds like B&O should get him over to Struer for re-education, and replace those damn awful Panasonic plasmas in the studio aswell.

Maybe they should also replace those 'damn awful' Panasonic plasma elements B&O use in their plasma-based sets then Wink

B&O do a lot more in-house than most other companies (most of the time!)

Weekly top artists:                   

• 07-26-2010 11:09 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I agree. Shiny awful frames and screens.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 07-27-2010 7:23 AM In reply to

chris:

He said on Top Gear recently that "he knows its all Phillips underneath but"

I have to say that I don't care what's underneath Bang & Olufsen televisions. Just look at it and you know what I mean. All those people who keep talking about Bang & Olufsen being Philips underneath (although nothing wrong with that), just don't have the money to buy B&O, otherwise they would have done it like us!

• 07-27-2010 7:27 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Great comment. I absolutely agree.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)