in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2010 3:44 PM by Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2010 3:04 PM

Newbie with a BeoVision4-50"

Just moved into a new house that included a 50" Plasma BeoVision-4 with nothing else (no system, no processor, no speakers, no remote).  It is used, but it has been recessed mounted since purchase, and is in great shape.

As someone who is not much of an AV guy, I am looking for advice regarding whether I should get rid of it or drop a bunch of cash on getting a full system.  I assume folks here are somewhat Beo-brainwashed, so I know of no better group to turn to for rationale for building a system around this monitor rather than just buying a 62" Sony and simply moving on.

• 07-24-2010 3:44 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Re: Newbie with a BeoVision4-50"

If you are intent on going B&O with additional B&O speakers sources and systems in your home then that screen will work with either the Beosystem 3 (great master system but nearly $8K) or the Beosystem 1 (older but cheap for around 1k used) as a master controller and video processor. Both can be used to control the panel and integrate with other B&O speakers and systems. However, If you're not interested in necessarily getting into B&O components then I should think that the panel will work with other generic components as would any other Plasma monitor. It is based on the Panasonic professional TH series and the only thing to keep in mind is that it is a monitor and not a "TV" with a tuner and such. I believe that the panel would still function and connect with components in a conventional, but obviously not a B&O elegant way. You may have to track down a remote to get it working however. The good news is that it sounds like you've already got the most visible part of the system (the panel) elegantly displayed on the wall. The bad news is that you need to probably go ahead and commit to either a B&O or non-B&O integration now as either way is going to be a can of worms and expensive.

-Michael

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)